Amazon Sustainability and Awareness Project - Volunteer request, Perù
I would like to introduce you to our project Amazon Sustainability and Awareness Project(A.S.A.P) soon to be located in SE Peru, near Puerto Maldonado. We will hopefully be breaking ground around December, 2015.
We are a permaculture based, off grid community of like-minded souls with the goal of restoring balance between man and the natural world.
What we are about:A.S.A.P. is a meeting place for everyone who is interested in preserving the health and diversity of life in the Amazon rainforest, and other threatened eco-systems around the world. It is a place of raising awareness and of education. It is also a cradle for action.
Our strategies for change include the following:
- -Providing an independent hub where the latest news concerning ecological threats can be accessed and monitored.
- -Establishing a network of communities and education centers where sustainable low impact living is explored, advanced, and shared.
- -Promoting the use of traditional plant based medicines and natural healing modalities, with the emphasis on disease prevention.
- -Working alongside indigenous tribes to raise awareness of their values and ways of living in order to restore rights and advance their visions for the future of their lands.
- -Running forums for change, where voices are given to everyone affected by the destruction of natural eco-systems, in the Amazon basin and elsewhere in the world.
- -Educating businesses, governments, and the general public in viable alternatives to damaging exploitative and extraction based economies.
- -Giving opportunities to individuals and organizations to take personal responsibility for the permanent protection of threatened areas and peoples.
Please like our Facebook page at:https://www.facebook.com/ASAPjunglecommunity
Our website is amazonawareness.com
P.S. The plan is for the core group to begin phase one construction starting December, or January 2016 at the latest. Early spring we will begin inviting Wwoofers and volunteers. I see this as a great test to draw in and get to know potential permanent community members.
I am brimming with excitement. A.S.A.P will be breaking ground in less than 3 weeks, on a beautiful seventy hectare(175 acre) piece of land in Puerto Maldonado, Peru. The land is surrounded by primary rain forest and has three pristine natural springs that flow year round.
A friend of mine will be leading the construction of our base camp, and the hope is to have it constructed over the next three months. I will be flying in around the end of October with a filmmaker, and a drone operator for aerial mapping of the land, as well as the start of our documentary. Another friend owns a film production company and will be working with us on this documentary.
My primary goal will be to map out phase one of our community; eventually returning to the U.S. to continue promoting our project. I will then be returning in December, or January at the latest.
Exciting times. :)