VOLUNTEERS REQUEST: NORTHERN GREECE
Northern Greece is looking for Volunteers
Type of help: Refugees help
We welcome volunteers for both short- and long- term commitments, from a few days to 6 months and more, including part-time work for our volunteers who live, work or study locally".
Most of our short-term volunteers (if you are volunteering for less than 2 weeks) work at our Help Refugees HUB, at a warehouse site in western Thessaloniki.
Spending time in the hub is the perfect opportunity to acclimatise and involve yourself within the foundation of the grassroots operations responding to the refugee crisis in Northern Greece.
The majority of the work undertaken by our warehouse volunteers is working to complete distribution orders for over 12 projects working in northern Greece and the region.
Philoxenia / Soul Food Kitchen and the Food Project are independent projects that also operate from our warehouse site, and are another great way to get involved if you are only here for a short time.
"We currently need volunteers with the following skills / experience:
- Health workers i.e. qualified doctors, paramedics, nurses, midwives, etc.
- English and German teachers (with qualifications)
- Yoga, dance and music teachers
- Arabic, Farsi, Greek or Kurdish translators
- HGV license holders
- Chefs (or experience managing a kitchen)
- Skilled labourers (i.e. construction, carpentry, plumbing, engineering, electrics)
- Lawyers or experience in advocacy"
More infos & CONTACT:firstname.lastname@example.org