Teach and travel in Chaingmai, Thailand.
Looking for volunteering language teachersMy name is Fai and I run a small language center and here we teach conversation skills to children that are ages 3-18.
We also do lessons with adults.
We realize the importance of English and having fun while learning.
We are about 15 minutes drive from town so we have no tourists and very few foreigners.
The students have no opportunities to use English in conversation so we love for volunteers to come and help them practice speaking out loud with games and activities while learning new material.
Generally, the students’ level of spoken English is beginner or intermediate level. Some of them are developed by volunteers and reach an advanced level.
Note:If you are not a native speaker but you have experience in teaching English or are confident that you can teach, you are still very welcome.
We can offer guidance on what to teach and how to teach it if you need it.
What we exchange with our volunteers:1. Teaching techniques. If you are already a teacher we can share our experiences.
2. Exploring the local Chaingmai areas (hot springs, caves, mountains, markets, waterfalls) during free time.
3. Eating local and traditional Thai food both at the school and around the area.
4. Teaching volunteers how to cook by using different techniques. Some dishes I have taught before to volunteers are: honey toast, green curry, shabu shabu, tom yum soup, padthai, papaya salad etc. This activity always do on every sunday.
5. Meet local people around Chaingmai. They are always eager to get to know volunteers because they don’t see a lot of foreigners.
6. The volunteers who stay and work with us 3 weeks (working everyday 5 hours/day),
we give you back for work hard following details. you can pick a trip of these....
Feel free to ask me any questions,
I am looking forward from you soon, Fai