We would prefer volunteers with experience in carpentry and housekeeping.
Orkid@29 Guesthouse in Melaka, Malaysia is constantly on the look-out for willing volunteers who are resourceful, easily trained, have the right attitude and very comfortable in getting their hands dirty.
Duties and responsibilities:
- – Check-in/Check-out of guests
- – Housekeeping
- – General cleaning and maintenance of (but not limited to) reception, dining area, toilet and shower.
- – Kitchen duties
- – Gardening and watering the plants
- – Bringing dirty linens to laundry shop and organizing linen storage.
- – Painting and carpentry work (if needed)
Volunteers are requested to work for a minimum of 5 hours per day and a minimum of two 2 weeks.
In return for your work, you will get a free accommodation, one free meal a day, and live with a Malaysian family.
For those who are interested, feel free to email Teena at:
Let her know your availability, some basic information about your self (age, previous experience, where are you from, etc.) and why you plan to volunteer in orkid@29.