Classroom Assisting International School Russia - Alabuga international School (AIS)
Expenses including accommodation, subsistence, travel and visa are included.
We welcome creative, open-minded, innovative, always researching volunteers!
Alabuga international School (AIS) runs supportive and safe cross-curricular and after-school clubs for children aged 3-12 and students from different schools in the town of Yelabuga. We engage volunteer mentors to provide tutoring, mentoring, encouraging students’ learning in the following directions: STEM, Robotics, Biotech (Biology/Chemistry), Critical Thinking, Design Thinking, Emotional Intelligence.
They should also help our young members to explore their own ideas, develop skills and build a positive sense of self, encouraging lifelong cooperative learning through a variety of creative project initiatives.
Overview and tasks of the Volunteer Role:
• Collaboration with teaching staff on curriculum enrichment.
• Activities after lessons / cross-curricular activities.
• Working with individual groups of children.
• School visits / trips.
• Reading clubs for children.
• Supporting staff in their daily duties.
• Assisting practically during events in the school eg assemblies/school play / performances / camps.
• Assisting teaching staff in leading projects based on Math, Robotics, Engineering, Biology/Chemistry, Biotechnology, Critical thinking, Design thinking, Emotional Intelligence both for AIS and Yelabuga town students.
• Keeping blogs, taking part in a global communication and networking.
• Serving as a guest speaker in educational institutions in the town of Yelabuga.
Skills, Experience & Qualities Required:
• Ability to relate well to young people.
• The proficiency level of English.
• Professional and welcoming manner.
• Commitment to the ethos of volunteering and community initiatives.