Terms of conditions (updated 15/03/2021) for approval of memberships and posting on our Facebook and WhatsApp groups
Facebook group rules – During these years, cases of abuse and negative experiences have been reported to our admins. Some volunteers had terrible experiences at host places that were featured on our FB Groups (also, some hosts had negative experiences with volunteers). To prevent this from happening again, we would like to ask you to respect a series of conditions:
We are only accepting people whose profile clearly shows their face and basic life information. Sorry, but we had to take this as a precaution!
Voluntouring was born to provide free travelling information and relevant volunteering opportunities around the world for nomads, travellers, volunteers, remote workers, wwoofers, in need of a place to stay or volunteer while travelling. We have always thought that all the information should circulate and be shared for free on the internet, without the need for subscriptions or payments! For this reason, any useful information, ideas or volunteering opportunity that you share in the group could be also published on our website, on an open-source basis. Please keep this in mind, as it is very important!
Numerous hosts that have published in the group are receiving requests from people asking for VISA and travel costs only for immigration purposes. Before asking for volunteering opportunities please make sure you have the possibility to cover your VISA and travel costs. Volunteering can’t and will never enable you to move to other countries for free. If we notice you expect to have VISA and travel costs covered for immigration purposes, your post may be deleted and your profile removed from the group.
The WhatsApp and Facebook Group RULES
1) English is the lingua franca 🇬🇧
Please only post in English so that we all understand each other.
Try your best to make your communication as accurate as possible and put some effort into correct spelling, punctuation etc. Don’t worry: typos and mistakes will occur from time to time and are not a reason to make posters feel unwelcome.
2) Use the TEMPLATE, a model for posting requests and questions. [Only for Facebook groups] 📋✍🏽
- hours/days of volunteer work
- types of volunteering activity
- if you expect a fee to be paid, and how much
- name of location/country
3) For hosts/organizations: Opportunities/volunteer requests must be FREE (especially in this group Free volunteering projects GROUP) 🌐
4) For volunteers: Use the ‘search bar’ 🔍
5) Use the ‘report’ button function. 🚨
6) No Promotions or Spam 🗑️🚮
7) Free Sharing and open-source 🆓
8) No double-posting. ➿
Please, don’t post your announcement more than once. Duplicate posts might be deleted.
9) Be Kind – No hate speech or bullying 🌷
Try to communicate with people like if you were talking to them in person, as if they were real friends, without offending anyone even if they have different points of view.
10) No fake profiles 🛂
We will remove members that comment under a false name or use fake accounts for whatever commercial or trolling purpose.
Our WhatsApp and Facebook volunteer groups:
We also manage (same rules apply):
- Digital nomads opportunities GROUP
- Ecovillage projects around the world GROUP
- Harvesting opportunities around the world GROUP
- Offerte di lavoro per viaggiatori Italiano (in Italian)
Go back to the BLOG section