Experience local culture in India and volunteer at a family place in Punjab, India
We are working with school a long established and experienced host. Our project is based in kot ise khan town of Punjab, the beautiful and non touristy city which is very near Amritsar.
Our current projects involved
- - Teaching English for mid- income adults and children
- - Working with local volunteer group
- - teach English at the local School
- - Help to do fund raising
Prior experience not essential, but helpful. Must have a good level of conversational English.
You will be required to teach over 6 days, usually from 4 hours a day, it really depends on the number of volunteers we have at the time.
You will have a lot of free time to discover the local area and there is a lot to explore: temples, rice fields, nice cafes everywhere around (the coffee or street food (calling all the foodies around, you will love it in here!).
WHAT WE OFFERIn return, you will receive free accommodation and three meals a day that my mother cook, free drinking water and free use of washing machine.
- Learning punjabi and hindi
- a scooter/motorcycle will be given to you
- Learn how to cook Punjabi dishes
- Guided tour to famous places
- Cultural exchange activities ( dance and cricket,volleyball)
- Super relaxing and supportive working environment
Most of the people who came here for a short-term decided to stay longer or come back later.