Help as a voluntourist at a small NGO based in Thessaloniki, Greece
|Attention: this volunteering opportunity charges a monthly fee of 50 euros. Your help and contribution will support the Ngo and the refugees in Greece|
My name is Marianna and I am the co-coordinator of MIT (Mobile Info Team) a small ngo based in Greece.
Our team is composed by 6 volunteers.
We provide accurate and detailed legal information for the full duration of the refugees asylum procedure. We take care both of individual cases and family reunification.
- - case workers ( law students or lawyers who often already have experience in the field of asylum and migration law and who receive intensive training on the details of the Greek asylum system upon arrival)
- - interpreters ( Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Pashtu speakers) which would assist the case workers.
hours: from 9:30 am until 5:00pm.
days: 5 from Monday to Friday
Accommodation and basic food is provided by the ngo. However a monthly fee of 50 euros is required.
Volunteers benefits would be:
- - a full experience on the field dealing face-to-face with refugees and assisting their cases individually.
- - Participation to daily and weekly meeting both with MIT members and external MIT partners.
- - Visits to refugee camps. - Participation to up-to-date workshops about Asylum procedure
- - accommodation: shared apartment with double and triple rooms
- - extra activities with the team within Thessaloniki or outside Thessaloniki.
- - the working language is English
The house/office is located in Thessaloniki, the second-largest city in Greece.
We provide the team with access to Internet.
e-mail : email@example.com
Thank you so much