Destiny Wings International is looking for international volunteers!
A short message from DEWI volunteer coordinator
I’m the founder and CEO of a non-profit organization empowering the vulnerable young people and women in remote areas DESTINY WINGS INTERNATIONAL (DEWI).
We are currently looking for volunteers from around the world to come and volunteer with us and you are invited!
1) Vocational centre, High school, adult education and scholarships
- Co-facilitating in primary and kindergarten schools-Physical education
- Sports or talent uplifting
- Donating scholastic materials
- Awarding best performers
- Seeking for scholarships/bursaries for school dropouts
- Fundraising for child sponsorship
- Practical skills training-assisting in the process
2) Resource centre – community sensitizations, sports, youth clubs
- Computer training for the youths
- Holidaymakers mentorship
- Training of soft skills
- Practising for football, netball etc for friendly matches
- Teenage girls groups
- Teaching English to those who missed school-adult education
- Attend to community kids –play, teach and share anything good with them, colouring, writing, drawing, singing and dancing etc.
- Teach Dance moves to the DEWI Dancing team
- Playing and teaching soccer and netball etc to the youths
3) Medical centre – outreach
- Health camp drive-outreach to the general Community-General health checkups and free treatment.
- Sexual reproductive health
4) Economic empowerment – Savings Sacco, cooperative society, women crafts
- Training the women with business skills-savings, building self-help groups, crafts making and other
- practical skills like tailoring, hairdressing etc
5) Leadership training and camps
6) Family Unit Empowerment – family visits and follow-ups, model farming
7) Advocacy – Lobbying general and specific groups
- Help /seek for opportunities Launching fundraising campaigns to support the organization at large
- More computer /internet skills training to the staff and volunteers from the community
- Develop innovative technological means we can use to bridge the gaps of illiteracy, extreme poverty and unemployment
- Outsourcing /inviting other volunteers to come and help with DEWI
- Career upgrade opportunities-scholarships for staff
- Social media
- Website designing and updating
- Graphics designing
Other Development ideas are also welcome.
We accept volunteers as individuals/families/groups from all over the world.
How many volunteers needed?
How many hours are the volunteers expected to help?
How many days of help per week?
Are accommodation and food included?
transport depending on which kind of accommodation they choose to settle in.
Which language will be spoken?
How to get there?
From Kampala city, we take 60-kilometres drive to the DEWI offices located in Magoggo village, Kakiri sub-county in Wakiso district. It’s the next district to the city centre.
Is there internet access?
Uganda only has 2 weather seasons. That’s the rainy and sunny season. No winter nor summer.
Uganda is sunny most of the year with temperatures rarely rising above 29 degrees (84 degrees
Just carry comfortable cloths for you as long as they are descent.
For weekends, you will be free to do what you want –leisure and more.
All the rooms are accessible-near the road, self-contained. The hotels /guest houses have other services like meals, sauna, steam bath, GYM, room servicing.
You keep a key to your room unless you want your room cleaned or your cloths to be washed. They all have the natural breath of Africa.
They range from $20 to $30 per day and if staying for a month plus, a small discount is given.