More Than English is a project that promotes the English learning in Colombia and allows foreigners to really get involved with the colombian culture.
Also it is perfect for people who want to learn Spanish or improve their Spanish level!
At the moment we are offering these projects for 2019:
1) Cultural HOUSE
To study English in Colombia is something that not everybody can afford.
Academies are really expensive and not always offer the best quality.
So we created a cultural house where people can come and learn English at low cost.
For this project we offer accommodation
and a wage of 800.000 COP.
⇒It is important the person gets committed at least for 6months⇐.
Also in some cases it is needed that the person applies for a visa, we support you with all the docs.
In our cultural centre we have students from the 7 years old till the 80 😀 .
2) School MTE
This project is for teaching English in rural schools in Colombia.
⇒It is necessary that the person gets involved with the project for ten months.⇐
This projects goes from middle January till end of November.
For being part of this project is necessary to apply for a VISA.
The schools provide the person acommodation, breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday, medical insurance and a kind of wage around the $240 US (800.000COP)
3) P.E MTE
This project is for working as physical education assistant in rural schools in Colombia.
The person can get involved in this project for short periods (e.g. a month).
The project goes from January to November, so the person can be part of this anytime during this time.
It`s not necessary to apply for any visas.
The conditions for this project are accommodation and lunch from Monday to Friday.
We have some requirements to apply for any of our projects:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Bachelor’s degree in any human studies (prefered)
- Education majors and classroom experience (prefered)
- Enjoy leading groups and teaching young and children (really important),
- Good lesson planning and organization skills
- Be tolerant and patient
- Be really FLEXIBLE
- Love for teaching
- Good presentation
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Initiative and creativity
- Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
- High level of responsibility
- International insurance (important)
Also this project is addressed to people who:
- – want to learn, improve or practice Spanish
- – are interested in living in South America (Colombia is the new country of south america. 20 years ago things were hard, but now is completely different. The country is in the process of transformation and is full kindness and the most of travellers called the best country of S.A)
- – like teaching
- – want to help to make Colombia bilingual (the idea of the project is to incentive biliguism in the rural areas of the country, the nation is changing and it requires that the new generations speak English. Some people in the cities can communicate in English but the people who live in small cities around not really as there are not proper methodologies yet. )
Before applying there are some important things to consider:
- -Personal stress management is important when working in the field. Consider how you handle yourself in stressful situations and if this could impact how you work with students.
- -Due to a variety of unpredictable factors, you will likely feel uncomfortable at some point in time – whether it’s due to food, conditions, accommodation, time, or cultural differences.
- -The volunteer’s workload is demanding and requires long hours.
Being part of our project has not got any cost, however the applicant must cover flight tickets and visa when it is required. Attached you can find our application form. If you want to start the process please fill it and send it back with your CV.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
⇓CONTACT DETAILS ⇓
I invite you to see our website
and our FB:
More Than English Colombia