Make a lasting impact on improving the quality of life of youth in Sri Lanka!
Uniterra is a voluntary cooperation program and international development program which aims to strengthen organizations and networks through the pooling and exchange of expertise and knowledge. Jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
We are looking for a dedicated individual to take on the rewarding role of Youth Inclusion Advisor.
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70
OUR PARTNERING ORGANIZATION:
Hayleys is one of Sri Lanka’s largest multinational business conglomerates with a history spanning 135 years. They drive a globally competitive business portfolio encompassing 12 defined sectors of enterprise cutting across manufacturing, agriculture and services.
Kelani valley plantations PLC (KVPL) is a subsidiary of Hayleys, a leading manufacturer of protective hand wear in the world. The company was incorporated as a regional plantation company in June 1992. The specific locations of the plantations enable the company to offer a wide product spectrum, each carrying individual features of attraction.
LOCATION: Hatton, Sri Lanka
DURATION OF PLACEMENT: 12 months
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support to the Human Resources Manager and the team to implement the Human Resources programs, which are developed to improve the quality of life of the women in the estates;
• Provide support in training the estate youth on preparing a Curriculum Vitae, learn interview skills, and other necessary skills for obtaining a job;
• Provide support in preparing success stories and case studies on women and youth empowerment;
• Provide support in creating strategies to attract unemployed youth to the estate and to the tourism industry;
• Provide technical support for the effective and efficient implementation of the Human Resources programs in the organization;
• Provide support in developing case studies, articles and press releases documents on Human Resources best practices;
• Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities; and
• Write reports required by Kelani Valley Plantations and the Uniterra program.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
• Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in the country.
• Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
• Accommodation while overseas.
• Return flights, visas and work permits.
• Health insurance.
• Vacation leave entitlement.
• Participation in pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
• In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
• Language training in-country where required.
• Cost of required country-specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
• Return debriefing in Canada after completion of the assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
• An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
• Degree in Gender Studies, International Development Studies, or any other relevant field
• Experience conducting training or workshops for youth
• Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
• Excellent leadership and networking skills
• Work experience in multicultural environments is an asset
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
• Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
• Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
• With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a unique initiative aimed towards the community’s youth, all the while enriching your international development experience.
Visit the official webpage at: http://agora.ceci.ca/…/va…/AE6D46E9721BC3CC852582D4005BFBE6…
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our website at http://uniterra.ca.