Teaching English in Colombia! Appreciated volunteers, we are honoured to have your support as a volunteer teacher and your valuable contribution in the growth and development of our country Colombia. Colombia is a beautiful country with a great variety of climates, landscapes, culture, gastronomy and cheerful and friendly people. Our program of strengthening of a foreign language – English in our educational institutions nationwide goes hand in hand with the Ministry of Education, which describes the following conditions and request for documentation:
Teach English in Colombia – Guidelines
Duration: five months
Starting date: Feb 5, 2018
This is a volunteer program where native volunteers must be over 21 years old
The program requires professionals in different areas of knowledge, preferably in the area of languages, education, and/or humanities teaching. We need Native speakers of English, if not, you must submit a certificate of language advanced level C1 or C2. They cannot be foreigners where their mother tongue is the Spanish language.
- Experience in some kind of volunteer activity.
- Level of independence and self-management.
- Interest in knowing the Colombian culture.
- Ability to work in various conditions.
Initial documents to submit
Via email: email@example.com please send as soon as possible the following documents (If you have sent some of these please just send whatever is missing):
- Updated resume
- Studies certification (professional degree)
- Copy of international health insurance
- Copy of passport
Activities to develop
OBJECTIVES – To support the teaching of English, in co-teaching methodology with Colombian English Teachers -Generate cultural environments with the presence of native foreign trainers at Public schools -Promote pedagogical dynamics that allow students to use and communicate in English. Support English teachers in its improvement of English language Volunteer 40 hours per week, distributed as follows:
- English teaching: 18 hours
- Management of class hours: 8 hours
- Evaluation: 4 hours Planning of class: 10 hours
Teaching English in Colombia – The volunteer project will cover:
- Training and permanent support
- Opening bank accounts
- Processing and payment of immigration cards and visa
- Management associated with the accompanying migration Colombia
- Delivery of materials
- $1.500.000 of maintenance and hosting
- Air transportation from Bogota to the city of destination and destination to Bogotá city
- 24/7 Support and certificate of participation
The project does not cover:
- Ticket in the country of destination to Colombia and back
- National health insurance.
- Night outs
- The use of hallucinogenic substances and alcoholic beverages is forbidden within the program.