European Solidarity Corps, European Voluntary Service
Associação Spin, acting as the Hosting and Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 ESC volunteer for an approved project starting in March, 2019!
- Start date: 1st March 2019
- End date: 30th November 2019
- Activity duration: 9 months
- Vacancies: 1 (resident in the program countries)
- Deadline: 21st February 2019
- Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, presentation about the Spin Association (more information below)
- Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spin Association for Exchange, Training and Cooperation among Peoples is a non-profit nationwide association, whose primary aim is to organize, promote and implement cultural activities, training courses, intercultural exchanges and international cooperation. Its headquarters is located in Bairro Padre Cruz – Lisbon, Portugal.
The volunteers will participate in the activities of the European Programmes and Mobility Department, which include:
- help in the logistical organization of Spin´s international projects (Youth Exchanges, Training Courses, Live it Lisbon! Summer Volunteer Programme, etc.);
- administrative support to Spin´s sending activities (Portuguese EVS volunteers or groups of Portuguese participants in Youth Exchanges, Training Courses, etc.);
- help the organization of and active participation in Information Sessions about Erasmus+ at the office, in schools, seminars and conferences in order to promote the program;
- research and collecting information on international mobility opportunities for Spin´s monthly newsletter and Spin´s website, blog, Facebook and Twitter.
In the Image and Communication Department, the volunteers will :
- contribute to content creation (text, graphic and audio-visual) and regular updates of the blog, website, Facebook and Twitter pages;
- prepare the monthly newsletter;
- create brochures, posters, flyers and other promotional materials;
- distribute flyers, brochures, posters and/or other promotional materials for youth related events in the neighborhood where the office is based, in the Carnide area and specifically in schools and universities of the Lisbon Metropolitan area;
- document all Spin’s activities and disseminate the information.
All volunteers will also support the management and staff of the SPIN Hostel (by hosting groups, answering to requests for information, cooking and cleaning together with international groups, arranging cultural activities with the groups staying in the Hostel, decorating the rooms, creating and maintaining communication regarding the Hostel, etc.).
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 45 minutes to reach the office by bus and subway. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
Food & transportation
A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (which sometimes may not be Saturday or Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
spin 7Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. We will give some priority to candidates who have at least a basic level of Portuguese.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter,
- short presentation about Spin Association (the format is absolutely free for you to choose!; for the best content do a little research on our various websites and communication channels!).
- The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation about Associação Spin) should be sent to email@example.com no later than on February, 21st 2019.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- only candidates from Program countries may apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- this project is to start in MARCH, please make sure you are available to start the project;
due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 24th through our website.
GOOD LUCK! 🙂