Would you like to do something for the planet?
If the answer is Yes, you are welcome to help build and develop our eco-project!
I have lived in the UK for nearly 6 years, and have moved back to Kalasin Thailand since December 2016. We have just started building an international Eco-village in Thailand and we need a lot of help with:
- preparing land for our organic farm,
- making mud bricks,
- painting huts and wall,
- looking after the trees and vegetables
- as well as making the village looks nice such as using recycled materials to decorate the surrounding area
- sometimes help less fortunate people in the community.
While doing those eco-activities local students and other local people will be able to practice their English naturally while working with you.
We get up early with a bit of exercise the middle of the rice field, we do a bit of mindfulness meditation and basic yoga every morning.
We simply want to help local students who can not afford to practise English in expensive International schools or abroad. Our goal is giving them an opportunity to practise English with international people, with the hope that they will engage more with nature rather than spend too much time on harmful technology.
If you like this idea and wish to be part of developing the village please come: let’s develop this eco-village together! We do not want you to feel like you come here to work for us. Please come here because you want to do something for nature and the younger generation.
Food and accommodations provided
We really need volunteers from 18th-30th of April:
in this period we will provide free food and accommodation
In the other months, we suggest volunteers help us donate for the food and basic things about 150 baht per day per person for the food. Accommodation is in huts on a pond.
We cook together most of the time and eat out sometimes (also visiting local community).
- Smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited. If you are non-smokers and non-alcoholism and love what has been said above we hope to see you soon 🙂
- Please, if we agree for you to come, prepare personal water bottle, fit flops or sandals and spray or cream to prevent mosquito.
Type of help
- Help with Eco project
- Charity work
- Language practice
- Art project
“The best teacher is experience” is the slogan of the project
- A lot of eco-friendly activities and be very creative and a lot of fun and well as tasty homemade food and puddings
- Art and craft work using natural and recycled materials.
- Morning mindfulness meditation and basic yoga
- Traditional cooking with our homegrown vegetables.
- Helping the local community.
- Planting trees to preserve local forests.
Hours of help
You would not have to help more than 15 hours per week
Finally, we can all present to the world that we can enjoy our life in an eco-friendly way, as well as encourage others, local people, to be more green 🙂
Help we get the land ready for organic farming then grow vegetables and some fruits together finding the best way to use recycled material to develop the village, paint and looking after and clean all the huts.
Languages are spoken
Location – how to reach us
Coach from Bangkok direct to Kalasin about 6-7 hours
then Tuk Tuk from Bus station to Eco village about 10 minutes
Drive from Bangkok about 6-7 ish hours
Limited internet access
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
E-mail to: Khwanchaieye@gmail.com
Visit the Eco-villages and intentional communities section