Smokinya Foundation is looking for
4 2 volunteers who are highly motivated and willing to spend 1 year in Sofia, Bulgaria.
EVS / European Solidarity Corps volunteering program in Sofia, Bulgaria
Smokinya Foundation is happy to announce that offLINE – from volunteer towards employed project is now open for candidates!
We are looking for excited, willing to learn and motivated young people. Come and join our team!
Read carefully below and apply now! for offLINE – from volunteer towards employed.
2 places STILL open for citizens of EU countries – EXTENDED: 1 May 2019 – 30 April 2020
- Participating countries: 2 places STILL open for citizens of EU countries.
- This is a long-term volunteering and learning program. It requires full focus and participation.
- Travel reimbursement is only sent to those who fully participate in all phases, including the follow-up and dissemination.
What do you do?
- support our everyday work in the office (development of activities, projects, event)
- All Mountain bike shop: learn, practice, gain skills in repair, sales, customer service and more
- Complimentary activity: 9 monthly events to organise (plan, prepare, promote, manage, facilitate, budgeting and more) and practice essential contemporary skills and competences.
What do you get?
- be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
- get valuable experience in living and volunteering abroad
- learn each different aspect of an organisation and how it works
- contact and connect with other international volunteers
- learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
- support our administrative work (we call it FUN-dministration!)
- get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
- networking and support of local NGOs
- organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
- meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
• informal language classes to local youth
- promotion of volunteering (Erasmus+ and Smokinya)
- promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
- media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations)
- project management and coordination
- project design and writing
- problem solving
- critical thinking
- strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more!
We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
Profile of participants
- 20-30 years old
- in transition between two educational levels or career paths
During this year they will be full-time volunteers having a schedule of 35 hours per week.
Days off – volunteers get two consecutive free days per week + two extra days of holiday per month. In case that volunteer is working extra hours, they have right to get these hours compensated.
Read more details in the info pack.
You will also learn how to use professionally important contemporary tools for virtual collaboration and cooperation.
Important! Read carefully the info letter, it contains important details.
This is volunteering program funded by Erasmus+ programme.
General applications are disregarded.
Want to learn about the benefits of our courses? Click here: http://smokinya.com/about/testimonials/
More information: Info letter
This project is funded by Erasmus+ programme:
Accommodation, food, materials, the programme, and the travel costs up to the maximum allowed amount are fully covered.
Maximum travel reimbursement:
275 EUR per person per country (for countries within 500-1999 km)
Participation contribution to the project cost requested: NO FEE.
Apply by filling in the form: Application form.
Deadline for applications:
EXTENDED to 15 March 2019 to the end of April
Should you have a question, contact us:
Find us also at:
- https://vimeo.com/ smokinya
This volunteering project is financially supported by the Erasmus+ programme for youth educational mobility.