Our farm is called CINCA EC (Centro Intercultural de Capacitación y de Agroecología) and is located near Quito in Ecuador. We are working on organic agriculture, permaculture, alternative construction and bioconstruction. About agriculture, we realize association planting, water, collect veg like tomatoes, courgettes, carrots… We also make our own biological fertilizers and bokashi. Then, we work on a permaculture garden (design chacana).
About construction, we work on the arrangement of a tiny house with recycling materials (tires and coating soil – straw). Other projects will come soon as the build of a tiny house in cob, animal’s tiny house construction with a bamboo frame and implementation of a natural septic tank.
What type of host are you?
What are you looking for help with?
- General Help
What’s the mission of your community?
- Gardening missions: sow, water, harvest tomatoes, zucchinis, carrots, leeks, onions, turnip, beet, peppers, salad, cabbages, etc. And also prepare our own biological treatments.
- Construction missions: arrange a tiny house with recycling materials (tires and coating soil – straw).
- Others projects are coming: build a tiny house in cob, animal’s tiny house construction with a bamboo frame and implementation of a natural septic tank.
How many volunteers could you host?
I can host Groups of volunteers
When would you need volunteers?
All year long
How many hours of help per day?
6 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
5 days per week – 2 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations
- From Monday to Friday: In general, our days start at 6:30 a.m. in the field, then we have breakfast from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and around 1.30 p.m. we stop for lunch. In the afternoon it is free time.
- Weekend: each weekend one volunteer have to stay on the farm and take care of animals (dogs, cat, guineas pig, pig) and water vegetables in the morning and the evening. The volunteer can recover two days off the week after.
Are accommodation and food included?
Yes, we provide food and accommodation but we ask for a fee
Volunteers will live in shared dormitories (we recommend you to bring your sleeping bag). The kitchen, bathroom and dry toilets are common areas. Board allows you to organize the weeks and define everyone’s tasks: meal preparation, cleaning, shopping, etc.
What type of accommodation can you provide?
- Dormitory/shared rooms
- Diet – nutrition information
CINCA is a recent association, in order to ensure its viability and sustainability, financial participation is requested. We hope that in several months we will be sustainable enough to not require volunteer’s financial participation. Currently, we ask 10$/person/week (participation each week for food (cereals, fruits, eggs, cheese, etc.). We eat vegetables from the garden and cook vegetarian food.
No, we cannot help with Visa but we can offer assistance
We eat vegetables from the garden and cook vegetarian food.
Volunteers will live an experience full of discovery in organic agriculture and bio construction, with other volunteers from all around the world, in an incredible environment.
- Every day we work with 3 equations on the farm: Margot, Paul, Iban. Mélanie and Aurore, two French girls, are the persons who are in charge of the volunteers
- We live with different nationalities and it’s very enriching
- The weather: a bit cold the morning and the evening/night (about 10°C) and warm during the day (between 20 and 30°C) all the year. Sometimes it can rain.
- Please bring the farm’s clothes (boots, and others)
- 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 pig and some guinea pigs
- Internet and warm water and drinking water
What to do in the free time
During the free time, volunteers can enjoy the surrounding area and visit: lagoons, parks, volcanoes, local markets and Quito which is located 1h30 from the farm.
Spanish, English, French and other languages all depend on the volunteers.
We live in a wonderful environment with mountains, so if you like walking it’s perfect.
How to get to your site
The bus station is near to the farm (10 minutes by walk) and it’s simple to join other cities. The farm CINCA EC is near to Tabacundo (20min by bus), 1h30 by bus from Quito (Ecuador). We can send you all the information to come to the farm by bus or taxi.
By bus: 2$ and 1h30.
By taxi: 35$ around 1h.
Is there internet access?
If you need more information, please check our website:
Our social networks: https://www.instagram.com/cincaec/
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/CINCA-EC-1207249089441286/
Hostname: CINCA’s team
Host Email: email@example.com