‘Mamas for Burundi’ Association is looking for volunteers
Volunteer in Burundi with us! – We are a non-profit and non-denominational organization of Burundian law specializing in the promotion and protection of the rights of women and of the child, referred to as Mamas For Burundi Association (MAFOBA asbl), acronym-based in Bujumbura (capital of Burundi) and currently covers 6 provinces among the 18 that make up Burundi, Central Africa and member of the East African Community (EAC).
Our areas of intervention are:
- the field of human rights and women’s health,
- education for orphaned and destitute children from the rape, young (mothers).
Our goals are
- Protect and promote the right and educated vulnerable children’s our Vision and our value.
- Promote the Empowerment of Women in the vulnerabilities our mission
MAFOBA wants, a Burundi where his people act together to collectively fight injustice, social inequalities, violence in all its forms, racism and discrimination particularly with regard to the woman and the girl and commits to the eradication of these and the education of citizens as well as the fight against ignorance to build a peaceful and decent society.
- Volunteers go out with our teams and get involved in the work we do in our communities or in the Departments of Action.
- Provide administrative and financial skills: here, volunteers help women teach good management of financial skills and how to start a small business to help family survival.
- Teach our partner schools: volunteer English, mathematics or any other subject of his or her wish in our partner schools. Volunteers join the school visit for SRHR services, student advice
- Proposal writing and project development and fundraising: volunteers can join us in obtaining grants and fundraising in their country of origin or other.
- Social networks and WEB site management.
- Photography, filming and documentation of all events.
- Work in the Office (administrative work related to projects, lobbying and pleadings)
- Maintain control of our social networks and changes of information on our WEB sites
- Doing volunteer activities Online
- Organizes debates with our young beneficiaries etc but also with our local partners.
- Awareness by visiting and teaching women about their rights. In addition to going to school to teach young girls self-awareness
- Participate in meetings by representing our organizations to other partners etc.
How many volunteers?
3 to 5 volunteers. Our Helpers are invited to help us for 4 to 12 weeks starting at the end of June this year 2019
How many hours are the volunteers expected to help?
6 Hours per Day, 5 days a week
Accommodation and food included
Yes, in a private bedroom
certification, cultural exchange, free tours, workshop, Meetings, T-shirt
Extra activities during free time
During free time, volunteers can visit communities and interact with locals during free shopping and engage in other community events if they wish. Volunteers can visit the nature of Burundi such as national parks, Lake Tanganyika, Rukoko Park and Rusizi, the living museums etc. Our country Burundi is a small country located in Central Africa but as a member of the East-Africa Community, sharing along Lake Tanganyika with the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Zambia. Our Capital is not far from the town of Uvira in RD. Congo, Kigali of Rwanda and Kigoma of Tanzania.
CANNOT provide Visa but we can offer assistance and information. We can produce an invitation which will help volunteers to get a visa
How to get there?
We have the internet at the office but not at the host family.
Go to our fundraising page.
Read more information about MAFOBA
MAFOBA is a non-profit association (NGO) and a Non-governmental organization (NGO) that works for the promotion of socio-economic rights, peace, leadership, integration, socio-economic reintegration and social cohesion of essentially rural communities. Our target group is particularly women and girls in rural areas, victims of social inequalities and sexual and gender-based violence (VSBG). Burundian girls initiated it in 2015 and their effort was approved by the Ministry of the Interior, patriotic training and communal development by ministerial order N°530/1460DU29/10/2018. For more info, feel free to visit MAFOBA website.
Our vision and mission:
MAFOBA dreams of becoming a flagship organization in Burundi and in the region of the East African community with a strong, stable and dynamic structure, capable of giving impetus to change in our community and influencing the policies of our country, Taking into account in all spheres and by all actors in order to promote and consolidate peace and sustainable development. We would like to see a Burundi where its people act together to collectively fight injustice, social inequalities, violence in all its forms, racism and discrimination particularly with regard to the woman and the girl and commits to The eradication of these and the education of citizens as well as the fight against ignorance to build a peaceful and decent society.
MAFOBA pursues the following objectives:
- Mobilizing women and girls for local entrepreneurship through income-generating activities (AGR)
- Promote sustainable development
- Support the development of village communities in their projects concerning water supply and their use
- To support, train and raise awareness of young girls and women for their empowerment.
- Promote the health of community members through the prevention and control of sexual and gender-based violence (VSBG)
- Lead advocacy and actions aimed at citizen education, peace, and non-violence
- To popularize the integration of the environmental dimension into the economic concept of gender and parity.
- Improve the social and economic conditions of rural women and girls who are out of school and vulnerable.
Our geographical coverage
The ideal of MAFOBA is to cover the entire national territory of Burundi. Taking into account the current budgetary constraints, we cover 6 provinces on the 18 of the Republic of Burundi, namely province of:
Our main partners:
To make the various achievements effective, MAFOBA maintenance and continues to undertake relations based on
Frank and sincere collaboration, interdependence and transparency with several state organizations and not
National, regional and international levels. Among them, we have listed:
Government Partners: Ministry of…
- National Solidarity, human rights and gender,
- National Education,
- Public Health and the fight against AIDS,
- Trade, Industry and Tourism,
- Environment, Agriculture and livestock,
- CSR-SOLUTIONS (Sweden),
- AFRIQUECANADATV (Canada), CEADHO/RDA
- DAFEV/RDC, SAIP/RDC, EBU/Burundi
Download the Brochure with info about the fundraising program
For MAFOBA NSHIMIRIMANA Charlotte, The Executive Secretary
BP: 3300 Bujumbura II Burundi,
Tel : +257-75-28-50-80
Web : www.mamasforburundi.com,
Facebook: Mamas For Burundi
Skype: Mamas For Burundi Association
Donate for the women of Burundi:
Would you like to support this organization? Consider a donation: