Looking for EVS volunteers from SPAIN and GERMANY for Science project in Transylvania
The voluntary work starts on 10 Oct 2019, Monday to Friday, 6 hours/day
Volunteers will organise:
- STEM activities for kids 6-12 years in schools
- a STEM club-activities 2 times per week for kids
- a FAIR for STEM, where kids-individuals, formal or informal groups/ clubs will present engineering projects
A previous announcement from the same host:
We look for volunteers helping us organise workshops and a FAIR on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in Oradea city in Romania. We are an NGO and in this project and we work with kids 7-13 years.
Now, we are looking for EU citizens, but mostly German and Spanish volunteers for our project since is an ERASMUS+ project in Romania.
What type of host are you?
What are you looking for help with?
What’s the mission of your community?
Our association is an NGO working mostly on Educational projects. We are small organisation created in 2013 and since then we work with Erasmus+ Programme of EU and with volunteers coming through Erasmus+ and local volunteers. We like science and we believe we should have an active role in educating our community and especially kids and young people about STEM.
How many volunteers could you host?
Up to 10 volunteers
When would you need volunteers?
- Specific months – please use the contact details to learn more.
How many hours of help per day?
4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
5 days per week – 2 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations
Volunteers will: – prepare and organise STEM activities for kids 6-12 years in schools – organise a STEM club – activities 2 times per week for kids 6-12 years – organise a FAIR for STEM, where kids individuals or organised, formal or informal groups/ clubs will present engineering projects
Are accommodation and food included?
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide?
- Private Room
Sometimes volunteers have to share a room with another EVS volunteer (2 volunteers in one room).
Diet – nutrition information
Money for food is given to volunteers at the beginning of the month.
In the apartment where volunteers leave they have access to the kitchen where they can cook.
This is an Erasmus+ project in Romania. Volunteers receive:
- Money for food and pocket money/month – together 220 Euro/month
- Accommodation – where all costs are covered (WIFI is available and covered)
- local transportation – monthly pass that allows the volunteer to travel on buses and trams for a month
- Medical Insurance from CIGNA
- International travel covered based on Erasmus+ rules (275 EUro for volunteers from Germany and 360 EUro for Spanish volunteers)
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters?
Yes, we can help with Visa/invitation letters. Only for EU citizens.
- Youthpass Certificate.
- Pocket Money
- All costs covered by Erasmus+ (check Fees Transparency above)
What to do in the free time
Oradea city has multiple opportunities for spending time.
How to get to your site
Aeroplane or bus/train.
Is there internet access?
Asociation Learning Communities
Str. Podului Nr.5, Block B10, Sc. B, AP.55
Oradea city, Romania
Hostname: Asociation Learning Communities
Host Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More EVS project or more volunteering projects in Europe