EduCamp: Summer Camp Program in China
What is it?
- 3-6 weeks English/ subject teaching internship
- Optional free homestay week️
- Includes flights, student dorm accommodation, meals and allowance (2000-4000 RMB)
- Choice of diverse locations across China
- Majority of camps are not-for-profit
- Free trips to local sights (everything from the Great Wall to the beach!)
- Low workload, with plenty of time to explore
- Fun cultural workshops and activities
- Full TEFL training and certificate
We have over 100 places available this summer, with 10-30 interns per camp location. Generally, interns will teach for 5-8 hours per day over each 10-day camp session, with two days break between sessions to relax and explore. There is a £200 confirmation fee applicable upon accepting a place, however this will effectively be recuperated through the allowance paid at the end of the program.
Due to the funding generously provided by host schools, Chinese visa restrictions and the internship responsibilities, applicants must meet the following essential eligibility requirements:
- Be a current student or recent graduate (including gap year students and post-A level students);
- Aged 18 or over on 1st July;
- Have a valid passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, New Zealand, or Australia, or be an EU national with experience studying in one of these countries;
- Have a clean criminal record
Additionally, there is a competitive application process for which applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
- Previous voluntary, teaching or childcare experience;
- A demonstrated passion for teaching, volunteering and working with children;
- Commitment to full participation in all aspects of the summer camp program;
- Passion and excellence in activities or sports played in afternoon activity time;
- Level of spoken and written English;
- Previous experience travelling or living abroad;
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and work environments
For full details and the application form, please visit the Abridge Educamp website. Make sure to have read the eligibility criteria first!
You can also hear from previous participants’ experiences at our Testimonials page.