Urgently looking for motivated helpers to volunteer at an animal shelter in Lithuania, Vilnius! 🐶🙏
Volunteer profile requirements
Basic requirements are:
- Highly motivated
- Interest in rescue, sheltering and re-homing of animals
- Respect for people and animals
- Initiative (willingness to do something, bringing up new ideas)
- Positive attitude towards the work
- Ability to withstand smells
As a minimum requirement the volunteer must be self-motivated for the activities carried out at the project, preferably having some previous experience and special interest in the field. It is important to mention that volunteer should not be afraid of dogs or cats and certainly should know if he or she has any allergy to animals.
All activities for every volunteer focus on non-formal learning, intercultural learning, personal and professional development. The foundation of our organization is our volunteers who keep contributing their ideas, efforts and resources to Lese. The volunteering activities:
- Various tasks in the shelter: cleaning cages and rooms, feeding animals, providing treatment procedures, walking dogs, cosmetic pets care (washing, haircutting, preparing for photoshoot atc.), participating with other volunteers in events.
- Additionally we can offer to help with administrative work: posters, design of leaflets, photographing pets, sharing ads of pets to foreign and national announcement portals, increasing social awareness, searching for potential sponsorship, communication with foreign countries, writing articles to foreign communities in Lithuania, spreading information about animal welfare organisations, responsibilities while volunteering in such organisations, about animal rights in Lithuanian schools.
Back in 2007, volunteer’s animal lovers funded the organization and started to shelter homeless animals at their homes and advertise them for adoption. In 2008, “Lese” opened a proper animal shelter and since then has adopted over 6 500 animals. Organizations goals are: Reducing the number of unwanted pet animals in a humane way; Finding new homes for homeless animals; Promoting the society awareness and stopping cruelty against animals; Establishing an animal shelter meeting EU standards and creating an effective animal rescue system.
Send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com