Assistant teacher needed: volunteer in a community school in the beautiful island of Zanzibar, Tanzania. We ask at least 3 months of availability.
About our organization
Assalam Community Foundation is an NGO based in the village of Kizimkazi in the southern region of Zanzibar. We are mainly involved in the socio-educative sector and we run many projects aimed at giving opportunities to disadvantaged children, youth and women.
About our school
Assalam Community School was founded in 2018 starting with 2 Nursery classes. Right now, we are in the process of opening our new Primary School, so that our pupils can continue their educational path within our organization.
About the position
We are looking for volunteers who have experience as teachers or have been working with children. Someone who is willing to collaborate and assist our local nursery teachers and help with English lessons especially.
- From English-speaking countries or possess C1/C2 level English Language Qualification
- Have previous experience as a teacher or working with children
- Be able to provide a clear criminal check
- Be able to relocate to Zanzibar ASAP (not later than January 2020)
What we offer
- Free meals and accommodation in a beautiful resort by the Indian Ocean
- Flight from any country in the world for the relocation
- Volunteer VISA provided
- Contribution of 150$ monthly
See contact details to get in touch with us (not the comment sections)
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
Send your cover letter and CV to our Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org and attach all relevant certifications/documents.
For more detailed information about our organization please visit our Website vassalam.org,
See more Teaching English opportunities around the world
See more volunteer opportunities in Tanzania 🇹🇿
Go to Africa Volunteer programs section