General information about our volunteering exchange
ESC in Romania – Schroedinger’s Culture(al) Dillema as project aims to provide cultural content for young people to the enlarged community of Izvoarele commune. Curba de Cultură focuses on teenagers and youth development. The foreseen activities are, but not limited to:
- educational activities for children and young people in the area
- workshops in dance, music, shadow and sensorial theatre
- organizing events and representations in the commune
- trainings in cultural and event management
- hikes and trips around the commune to gather materials for promoting the commune
- final event in the community
Accommodation, food and transport Arrangements
- reimbursement of travel costs up to 275 euro in the end of the stay
- accommodation in a traditional house together with the rest of the volunteers – food allowance and pocket money
- local transport bus permits and car when needed for activities
Training during the project
- mentor support – language training
- coordination, materials for activities and equipment
- task-related trainings such as teambuilding, health and security, event management, basic youthwork and group dynamics, communication etc
Volunteer profile must be
- between 18 and 30 years old and is an EU citizen
- available for the full 303 days of the mobility – is motivated to do international volunteering
- strongly motivated to live and work in rural area
- interested in learning a different European language
- motivated to work with children and young people
- interested in creating cultural content (dance, music, theatre, film etc.)
- motivated to develop new competences and to learn about community development
- has good English communication skills, spoken and written
What type of host are you?
What are you looking for help with?
What’s the mission of your community?
Curba de Cultura focuses on youth development, thus all of our project are for young people in rural areas.
How many volunteers could you host?
- A couple of volunteers
When would you need volunteers?
How many hours of help per day?
6 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
5 days per week – 2 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations
This is a European Solidarity Corps funded project (former EVS programme) and its full-time volunteering. Moreover it addresses only EU citizens.
Are accommodation and food included?
Other – I will explain in the general info section
What type of accommodation can you provide?
- Dormitory/shared rooms
Diet – nutrition information
The volunteers are provided with food allowance and they need to cook for themselves.
- learning experience
- learns a different language
- mentor support for the whole duration of the project (10 months)
- coordinator support for implementing activities
- youthpass certificate
- all the basic needs ARE covered, including international transport.
What to do in the free time
Big cities and the capital are reachable by local transport. The area is suitable for hikes, and in 10 months all most of Romania can be visited.
English and Romanian
A hilly, just before mountains rural area.
How to get to your site
We pick up the volunteers from the airport.
Is there internet access?
The contact channel, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about us: Fb: https://www.facebook.com/iywwcurbadecultura/
Hostname: Curba de Cultura
You can read the full call of our project here: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/14518
See more European Solidarity Corps – programs