Experience EVS in Bulgaria – We are searching for volunteers from the EU countries to help us to organize 10th EcoFest in Kazanlak, Bulgaria. Short term EVS from 19.5. to 15.7. 2020
EVS Bulgaria project: Deep Roots 2020
We are looking for volunteers for our European Voluntary Service project “Deep Roots 2020”. Travel expenses, accommodation, and health insurance is covered. Volunteers are provided with 240 EUR/month for food and personal expenses.
Free spots: 12
- Place: Bulgaria, Kazanlak rose valley
- Duration: 15. 5. – 15. 7. 2020 (2 months)
- age 18-30 years,
- EU citizen (volunteer has to be from one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Switzerland)
This short-term EVS project enables volunteers to participate in our organization’s activities and cooperate with other institutions in order to organize local ecological festival “Kazanlak” for the 10th time in a row. The project will take place in the town of Kazanlak (Bulgaria), during its famous Festival of Roses, and it will be dealing with:
- cleaning nature (collecting trash) in the area,
- presenting the home country on “Language cafe” event
- meeting and working on projects with environmental, tourist and accredited EVS organizations,
- shooting and screening of eco movies,
- creating trash art items,
- organizing eco workshops,
- presentations of the festival in local schools,
- organizing concerts with young talents under the brand “A small stage”.
About the organization:
“Youth Development Center-Mutual Aid” (YDCMA) organization was founded in 2004. The main goal of the organization is to support the development of young people and their physical, creative and spiritual qualities to be good citizens of Bulgaria and Europe.
The volunteers will be hosted in an equipped house where all the volunteers will live and share the place together. There will be a maximum of 3 volunteers sleeping in the same room. The apartment has a common kitchen, Wi-Fi, washing machine, and each room has a private bathroom.
Money and Travel Expenses:
- The financial support in the form of Pocket money for the mobility period has a maximum amount of 177 EUR for 59 days which includes 2 days of travel.
- The amount of money for food is 240 EUR for 59 days. The budget for food will be given every week to all volunteers together. The money for food will be separated into equal parts for each week. Volunteers should cook together and buy food together, thereby being able to prepare more food for themselves.
Travel expenses: every volunteer has a limit for travel costs depend on the country (the amount is pre-established and cannot be changed).
How to apply for this project?
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “The Deep Roots 2020”.
Related section: Erasmus+ ; European Solidarity Corps ; Festivals volunteering projects ; EVS programs