Volunteer in Kenya – Come help us implement social and economic change of sustainable development. Care In Action is a nonprofit organization working in Kitale, Kenya. We run an orphanage home and nursery School. We host, educate and assist vulnerable children. Please we need volunteers to help in various positions like, teaching, playing with kids, cooking, fundraising and others more.
- 1) Agriculture work
- 2) Conservation work
- 3) Construction
- 4) Fundraising
- 5) Teaching
- 6)Youth and women empowerment
- 7) Healthcare
What type of host are you?
What’s the mission of your community?
- to educate vulnerable children to be self reliant and self sustainable in the competitive world
- provide basic needs for the orphans ie, food, education, clothing etc.
- promote all types of hidden talents among children
- create agricultural project for community development
- give methods on how to conduct and use available resources for progress and development.
- encourage care of environment
- Eradicate poverty in the society
- build orphanage home for the orphans
How many volunteers could you host?
- More than two
When would you need volunteers?
All year round
How many hours of help per day?
4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
4 days of help per week – 3 days off
Are accommodation and food included?
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide?
- Private Room
- Dormitory/shared rooms
- Private home
- Private room for a couple
Diet – nutrition information
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters?
Yes, we can help with Visa/invitation letters
- Volunteers will be given a certificate after finishing volunteering.
They can also learn:
- The traditional way of cooking
- Our language Swahili
- traditional way dressmaking.
What to do in free time – Volunteers can visit:
- local market
- mountain and hills eg, Mount Elgon, Cherengany hills
- visiting national Parks eg, Mount Elgon national game reserve, Saiwa national Park.
English and Swahili
It is a highland, cool and wet
How to get to your site
From Jomo Kenyatta international airport you take the bus (a modern bus) to Kitale where the organization is located
Is there internet access?
“Paying guests” Option. Could you accommodate “solidarity” tourists?
Yes, we can accommodate eco/responsible tourists & paying guests
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Care-In-Action-290893811748279/
See more volunteering opportunities in Kenya