Esc in Poland – We already have 5 great people in our team! We need 5 more 😍📣 You don’t need to have a lot of strength and specialized skills to join us for 2 months and co-create a new cultural centre in Hajnówka /Poland/. Any help will be useful! 🙌
Are you good at:
- organizing or coordinating?
- taking photos and capturing the whole process?
- are you interested in street art?
- Do you want to learn how to work with straw?
Are you ready for an artistic adventure? The “COOL CREATIVE TEAM” project is open for submissions! We invite you to a new ESC 2-month project, aimed at architectural renovation and design – both exterior and interior. We are looking for 10 people to bring new life to the old train station in Hajnówka, as part of the process of creating HAJNÓWKA CENTRALNA – arts, education & culture centre. Are you a maker, a builder, a do-it-yourself enthusiast? Did you ever dream of working with wood, but never had a chance to try it? Want to try yourself in interior design?
We’ve got you covered!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: 15/06/2020 for a total of 9 week(s) during the period 01/08/2020 to 01/10/2020
We will make:
- participate in street art creations as well as wall painting,
- setting lights, etc.
All that’s necessary to slowly morph an old railway station into a cultural hub of our dreams
Food, accommodation and transport
We are part of the European Solidarity Corps, so your age should be 18 to 30 years.
We will provide the volunteers all their costs:
- one-way tickets,
- money for food,
- pocket money
Volunteers will live in an agroturistic house with other volunteers in a shared room (2-3 volunteers in a room) near of Hajnówka town in Podlasie, a unique region in eastern Poland with a rich history and traditions, surrounded by beautiful Białowieza forest. Our house is situated in the forest in Policzna, but our activities will be focused on the train station in Hajnówka town.
Training info – You will learn:
- new and old techniques of reconstruction and construction.
- You will get to know regional artists and techniques of working with straw and clay and street art and design artists.
- you can have the opportunity to take part in building an artistic installation in urban space and in the forest,
- and the creation of festival advertisements in the urban space.
- You will get to know the region – the extraordinary Bialowieza Forest.
- We will exchange experiences. Maybe you will share your knowledge with others?
- We’re looking for people with initiative, own ideas, ready to build a team and not afraid of hard work.
- We will need working people with skills in technical staff
- people with artistic experience and handcraft are welcome
- open to experiments,
- group work enthusiast,
- ideas for the recycling of materials.
IMPORTANT: Send your motivation letter CV by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “COOL CREATIVE TEAM”
For more info click here:
Previous announcement: Hajnowka Train station
See more ESC opportunities