ESC vacancy in Italy –New seasons bring new opportunities! Would you like to start the new year living in Italy 🇮🇹 for a year? Here’s your chance!
1.) Volunteer in the field of social care and disabled people
Join the EuropeanSolidarityCorps for a 12-month volunteering project in Bolzano, Italy, in the field of social care for elderly & disabled people. Volunteer for ASSB /BSB Spazio Famiglie Familienzentrum Firmian and organize recreational activities, get to know the residents, go to excursions and more.
Volunteers will collaborate with the staff of nursing homes mainly with recreational and entertainment activities planned for the elderly. In particular, volunteers will be involved in the following activities:
- organizing recreational activities for the elderly/disabled people,
- talking to them,
- reading something,
- participating in some excursions of one or more days,
- making a different kind of purchases (e.g. food, medicine for the guests),
- support of the educators in the activities of assistance,
- care and rehabilitation,
- accompanying the elderly with walking difficulties,
- participating in the evaluation meetings
- and planning certain matters with the educators and social workers etc.
Please bear in mind that you will work with elderly people and that they may not be as autonomous as you could imagine. Some of them have Alzheimer or other illnesses. Volunteers will have the opportunity to be involved in parallel activities together with other volunteers hosted in other receiving organizations coordinated by InCo. The topic of the parallel activities will change according to the project. (Making games, organising events, exhibitions, etc.)
2). Volunteer program in Lavis
In particular the Office of youth policy:
- promotes and supports projects in favour of Youth and manages the Youth Centre (open to young people aged between 18 years and 25 years old – it receives about 10-15 young people per day) on Monday from 17:30 to 22:30, and from Tuesday to Friday from 14:00 to 19:00;
- collaborates in the development of project proposals within the “Piano Giovani” of Lavis and Zambana, whose town of Lavis is the leader (https://pianogiovanilaviszambana.wordpress.com/ );
promotes summer initiatives for children and young people;
- collaborates in the activation, tutoring and supervision of Civil Service projects at the national and provincial level;
- collaborates with other offices and within the “Piani Giovani” (‘Lavis and Zambana’ and ‘Rotaliana’) in identifying environmental affordances to improve the promotion of the heritage of the territory.
Interested? Go to Contact Details below to click on the links of the relative program.
3). Volunteer program in the youth centre
Volunteering in the field of recreational activities, communication & organization of events in the youth centre Centro Giovani Juvenes. The volunteer will be involved in the daily activities of the youth centre Juvenes. The volunteers’ tasks could be summarized:
Recreational and studying activities at the youth centre open from Monday to Friday from 13:30 to 18:30 and on Saturday from 14:00 to 18:00.
- Support the activities with youngsters inside the youth centre: individual and group welcoming; assistance and support in studying (Homeworks);
- participate in the creation, promotion, and management of specific activities within the Youth centre (as to culture, games, sport, handicrafts, cooking…);
- organization and implementation of workshops about their own country or about Europe;
- organization of inter-cultural activities together with the other volunteers;
- promotion of new activities and projects connected with the voluntary service, for example, presentation of the ESC to young people of the territory.
Communication activities and organization of events The volunteer will give his/her support
- in updating the website, the FB page, in the drafting of the newsletter or in the conception of flyers;
- in the organization and development of special events such as:
- “12 ore non-stop” which is a big annual party of Associazione Juvenes giving the opportunity to all the youngsters of the city to express themselves in different ways such as: sport meetings, playstation, xbox, watching a movie, karaoke, dancing in a group, disco and so on;
- “I Giorni del Sole” during summer, for the entire day, for children and youth between 6 and 14 years old. During those days, our educators organize big games outdoor, sport, workshops, outings, musical evenings and moments for training.
- “ I Giorni del Mare” 2 unforgettable weeks in the Holiday house of Caorle, close to the sea where you have a swimming pool, a bar and a big park;
- Animation Training: monthly meeting for a group of youth workers with training moments (meeting with experts, CineForm, visits of educational structures, etc) and more recreational ones to strengthen the team spirit;
- Rainerum Va’: Non-competitive running and a 10 km walk open to the whole city;
4. Volunteer program in the youth centre
Volunteering in a youth centre for Azienda Speciale Servizi Infanzia e Famiglia – G.B. Chimelli implementing activities for young people. The volunteer will be involved in the daily activities of ASIF Chimelli and in particular:
- The youth centre #KAIROS: the volunteer will be involved in the activities of the youth centre for youths aged from 11 to 19 years old. S/he will support educators in the management of the afternoons organizing activities and suggesting some new ones. Indeed, volunteers will be encouraged to implement some workshops based on their own skills and interests such as musical, language, manual-artistic or other types of workshops.
- The youth offices: volunteers will support the response of youth policies in the management and promotion of the annual local youth plan (Piano Giovani di Zona) and of other projects addressed to youths (target 11-30 years-old), as well as in the networking with other organizations of the territory active in the field of youth.
Volunteers will support the staff in the preparation of specific events to promote the different opportunities for youths. Interested? Go to Contact Details below to click on the links of the relative program.⇓⇓
Check the link for more information about the first program:
ESC vacancy 2. Support the organization and partake in activities such as homework assistance or theatre classes:
Esc vacancy 3: Be part of the Office of Youth, support and suggest cultural and recreative activities for the youth:
Esc vacancy 4: Create and participate in activities for the local youth, share your interests and strengthen the community: