Mercy ship: join the largest NGO medical ship
Mercy Ships – The Global Mercy will double our impact to provide hope and healing to the world’s forgotten poor. We are the world’s largest NGO hospital ship! Plus, you don’t have to be a doctor or nurse to serve!
Mercy Ships is a global charity that has operated hospital ships in developing nations since 1978.
We are committed to bringing hope and healing to the forgotten poor by mobilizing people and resources worldwide. We use hospital ships to serve all people with hospital ships to serve all people without regard for race or religion. Since 1978, Mercy Ships has provided services and materials in developing nations valued at over $1 billion, impacting about 2.61 million direct beneficiaries, with over 592 port visits in 55 developing nations and 18 developed nations.
Volunteers and staff with Mercy Ships have:
- performed more than 84,477 life-changing operations that are free to the patients such as cleft lip and palate, cataract removal, straightening of crossed eyes, orthopaedic and facial reconstruction.
- Treated over 642,579 patients in village medical and dental clinics.
- Educated about 39,684 local healthcare professionals/workers, who have in turn trained multiple thousands in primary health care. in their areas of expertise (anesthesiology, midwifery, sterilization, orthopaedic and reconstructive surgery, leadership).
- Completed over 1,100 community development projects focusing on water and sanitation, education, infrastructure development and agriculture.
Volunteers & members around the world
Mercy Ships has over 1,200 volunteer crew a year from over 40 nations annually and has offices in 16 nations globally.
In addition to the medical staff, we are looking for:
- vehicle mechanics,
- maintenance coordinators,
- second & third engineers,
- HVAC engineers,
- hotel technicians,
How to apply
Submit your interest by completing an online application. Please PM me with any questions.
Find your place onboard today at:
Mercy Ships invites you to actively engage in our Facebook community to learn, comment, and share with other members. We ask that you help keep this a positive experience for our users and participate in our community guidelines:
See more Sailing Volunteer Opportunities
Please follow local guidelines about physical distancing and staying home during COVID-19. Learn how to travel and host and/or be hosted responsibly. Always follow Local Health Guidelines. We suggest following the guidelines from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control – ECDC.