Help us build a sustainable and resilient Agricultural Economy on Sint Maarten
Volunteer in Sint Maartens (Caribbean) at Marlin Yard– Hello all, for a huge agricultural project on St Maarten I am looking for volunteers to help us build community gardens and a CSA. I would like to receive your advice on how to find like-minded people to assist with this project. So I’ll leave this info link here (See contact details down below) that explains our recruitment request.
Please feel free to pm me your advice on where and how to find volunteers!
The volunteer project
Sint Maarten is still rebuilding and recovering from the devastating impacts of hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017. On top of this, COVID-19 is having a severe economic impact on the local economy and community. Due to the crisis, the supply of fresh food has become insecure.
To reduce dependence on food imports in the future, large-scale agriculture is necessary to make Sint Maarten less vulnerable and more self-sufficient. There are reserved plots of land to start community gardening and hurricane challenged food cultivation and tillage.
We want to move forward with further developing and supporting local agricultural projects on St. Maarten. Therefore we are looking for Volunteers, Agricultural partners and knowledge partners in the field of:
- modern hurricane-resistant farming methods, such as permaculture, hydroponics and aquaponics;
- preparation of agricultural land and irrigation, drainage and collection of rainwater;
- hurricane-resistant greenhouses;
- agricultural machinery and its start-up financing.
- knowledge and advice on how to deal with animal pests on agricultural lands, such as the African giant snail, the green iguana and Vervet monkeys.
Conditions for Volunteering
We seek volunteers that are internationally and locally based in Sint Maarten. Read onward which condition applies to you.
Our Volunteer Centre is happy to accept you as volunteer provided that you. For more information about the conditions see the CONTACT DETAILS section below.
Benefits – The Volunteer Centre provides:
- free accommodation rooms (two to four people per room).
- Main meals are eaten for oneself.
- Laundry service is provided.
- Depending on generated income and based on the derived income volunteers receive monthly pocket money.
The Volunteer Centre does not cover travelling expenses nor accepts children/ expectant mothers.
Are you interested or do you want more information, please contact us
Join us on our quest! Help us make a huge change for a better and sustainable future of Sint Maarten and its inhabitants.
For direct registration you need to fill the Registration Form on our website: https://www.marlinyard.org/volunteer-registration-form/
Contact us at email@example.com
More info on the volunteer project conditions:
See more volunteer opportunities in South America or St Maarten