Volunteer with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Mexico.
UN Volunteers is looking for international volunteers to work with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Mexico.
- Minimum age: 25 years old.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the protection/promotion of human rights and related areas.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English
Field experience and knowledge of the Latin American Region and indigenous people’s rights is an asset.
16 February 2021
12 months with the possibility of extension
20 December 2020
The current Security situation in Mexico is considered as stable, nevertheless, common crime activities as robbery, theft, “Express kidnap” among others, represent a serious threat to any citizen living in Mexico, There is no direct threat to UN Staff or other International organization, UNDSS security system consider Mexico in Level 2, movement within Mexico DF could be done without restrictions however staff must adopt basic precautions, any movement outside from Mexico DF must be cleared by UNDSS system in place. In relation to drug-related violence, the greatest increase in hostility has taken place in the northern states, mainly in Chihuahua, Tamaulipas, Baja California, and Sinaloa; however, all staff members throughout Mexico should exercise caution and be aware of their surroundings.
For more information download the PDF in English.
- You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
- Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
- If you are already registered in UNV’s Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
20-Dec-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time zone
Apply here: https://www.unv.org/calls/MEXR000100-8385
Go back to the BLOG section
Visit the relative page of UN volunteers opportunities.