Language exchange in South Korea – Hello everyone, we are Culture Friend! Our place is a language exchange café where foreigners and Koreans can get together and learn more about each other’s cultures.
In the cafe, not only will you meet like-minded travellers, but also Koreans who are interested in teaching you about their culture and learning about yours. We also have several programs (such as weekly TED talk and language exchange parties) and free conversation classes with Korean members. The volunteering job is fairly easy, as it mostly involves making conversations in English with our Korean members.
What type of host are you?
What are you looking for help with?
- Teaching/Language Exchange
- Language practice with Korean members in English
- Help in the house
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
More than just a language exchange experience, volunteering here will give you the opportunity to take on new hobbies and meet people from all over the world.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday, the cafe holds an international language exchange party where you will get to meet Koreans as well as foreigners (expats and travellers alike) from all over the world. It’s a great occasion to make friends and enjoy Busan as a local would.
- Free Barista classes – The cafe’s owner is a certified barista and offers free lessons for anyone who wants to learn about making coffee, from roasting coffee beans to preparing coffee.
- We can also offer lessons in Korea calligraphy, traditional pottery, and Korean traditional instruments.
- TED salon program – We also hold a ‘TED salon’ every Sunday. We talk about Technical, Science, and Social things based on TED talks.
- Travel programs with Korean members – To make conversation easy, we travel around Busan together. We have local food and get to know each other better.
- We can also arrange for you to try on the Hanbok (Korean traditional dress) for free!
All these programs are free and will help you learn more about Korean culture.
All in all, the Cafe is a melting pot of people and cultures, so if you’re friendly, open-minded, and love to learn about other countries, this is the perfect volunteering opportunity for you!
Food and accommodation are free
We live in a big city and the flat is located in the middle of Kyungsung UNIV. and Pukyung UNIV district. The flat is spacious, and the neighbourhood is one of the liveliest ones in Busan.
We provide beds, beddings, free WIFI, cooking utensils, a washing machine + washing powder.
We have three rooms (each with four beds in it):
- one female room
- a male room
- and 1 mixed room!
Finally, since we all stay in a dorm together, you have to be kind, open-minded, friendly, and able to live with people.
The cafe and the dorm are located right in the heart of the university area, and thus, have a lot of restaurants, bars, and interesting coffee shops around. After English practice, a lot of our volunteers like going for dinner or drinks with the Korean members, which gives them the opportunity to get to know them better in a more relaxed atmosphere.
The beach is near (Gwangalli beach is only 5 minutes away by metro and 20 minutes away on foot) and the party area (Seomyeon) is 15 minutes away by metro.
Busan is a beautiful city with some of the best landscapes in the country. You can enjoy the various hiking parks here, especially that most of them have great views on the sea. The area also has various cinemas, vintage clothing stores, karaoke rooms, nightclubs, and traditional markets, so you’ll never really be bored.
Some of Korea’s nicest traditional cities (such as Jinju and Gyeongju) are only an hour or two away by train or bus, and so, weekend getaways are the norm here.
1 month (it is possible to extend your stay, just talk to Kurt or Huda).
In your message, please let us know the exact period you want to stay.
How many volunteers could you host?
When would you need volunteers?
All year long
How many hours of help per day?
How many days of help per week?
We want to be a representative place of cultural exchange in Korea. If you can tell us your country’s history and special things, join us right now!
Coffee (we have an espresso machine), water, rice, bread, ramen (Korean noodle), egg etc.
No, we cannot help with Visa but maybe we can offer assistance
How to get to your site
Address: 부산광역시 남구 대연동 58-6 2층 (2f Daeyeondong 58-6 Nam-gu Busan Korea)
Near our place, there is the Gimhae Airport.
Is there internet access?
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hostname: Kurt Lee