European volunteering (ESC) in Italy in a residential community for youth
Istituto Walden is a cooperative in the social sector that manages different houses and services for minors, abuse survivors, single mothers, disabled youth. We are looking for volunteers to join our ESC project at our Onlus in Menfi. You will take part in the activities of a residential community for youth, including recreational & linguistic workshops, after-school, events’ organisation. The volunteers will be also supporting the educators in a housing community for minors, that includes young offenders on a rehabilitation path.
Menfi (Sicily), Italy
from 19th May 2021 to 19th May 2022 📅
4 volunteers, aged 18-30 from EU Countries only
How many hours of volunteering help will you expect per week?
about 20-25 hours ✅
- After-school activities (homework, lessons of foreign language, teaching workshops)
- Recreational workshops: cooking, theatre and music
- Linguistic workshop in the volunteers’ mother tongue
- The organisation of the events: carnivals, Christmas, Easter etc
- Management of daily life in the community: preparation of the food, cleaning of the rooms and common areas, taking care of children
- Helping the users of the centre to get to doctors, hospitals, gyms, swimming pools, trips, sea etc.
Volunteer profile – The profile of an ideal volunteer is:
- motivated to work with young people that come from different social backgrounds
- has a strong respect for the rules, patient and creativity in order to develop the activities requested by the organisation;
- determined, positive and proactive
- flexible and able to manage working hours divided into different activities
- able to collaborate with educators
- proactive and reliable in a crisis
- has the capacities for planning, organising and managing activities
Application deadline🧭 :
1st May 2021
Food, accommodation + pocket money – for more information see contact details.
To apply for this project please send your CV and this questionnaire (https://youthforeurope.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Walden_Questionnaire-Menfi-2021.doc) filled in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Associazione Joint will contact you to arrange an online interview.
Download the info pack about the project: https://youthforeurope.eu/project/european-volunteering-in-italy-in-a-residential-community-for-youth/
Email 👉 email@example.com
Website and social media
Go to the European Solidarity Corps section