The “International Student Week in Iran” 2021 – from 31 July till 5 August 2021
The “International Student Week in Iran” (ISW-Iran) is a scientific-cultural event, organized by students for students. Over 35 participants from more than 20 different countries took part in the last ISW-Iran in 2020.
This year ISW-Iran will be co-organized by Allameh Tabataba’i University and Western Asian Development Institute and is supported by Iran’s Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. This youth event is a unique experience where we combine educational workshops with meeting new people while having fun and living epic moments.
Goals of ISW
The main aim of the ISW-Iran is to bring young people from all over the world together and serve as a platform for cultural exchange and getting to know each other as well as for discussion and working out ideas to solve global challenges.
In just seven days, participants will form a well-rounded perspective of Iran and have their eyes opened by working closely with Iranian students and will meet like-minded youth from all over the world. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the natural beauty and cultural richness of this fascinating country.
International Student Week in Iran aims to show that the time for bringing worlds together is now, either online or in person. And that now more than ever, students need to develop leadership skills. Therefore it will be possible for participants to enjoy the online program if they can’t travel to Iran. Participants of the online program will receive online interactive workshops, cultural programs, team works, and virtual tours to e-visit the beauty of Iran.
The workshops will cover:
- Iran’s history,
- and religion,
as well as introducing how to plan a visit to Iran and sharing work and study opportunities in Iran.
Benefits of Participation:
International Student Week in Iran welcomes all students from any field of study. Recently graduated students, youth activists, and young leaders are also encouraged to apply.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, and site visits
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture and nature through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with people from diverse nationality and cultural backgrounds
- Participants will be accommodated during the program for free
- Full-board meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and coffee breaks during the program without cost
- Free guided tours in Tehran
- Free Access to sports facilities (pool, gym, football pitch, …)
- Gifts and Souvenirs
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- Age 18 to 35 years old
- Able to communicate in English
No tuition fees!
Organizers will cover accommodation, all-day meals, refreshments and coffee breaks, cultural programs, and visits to historical monuments.
Applicants should cover international airfares from/to their home country to/from Tehran, visa fees, and insurance (if needed).
- First Step – Fill the following form via the application link from 1 till 10 July 2021 ❗🗓️ 👉 Bit.ly/iswiran or 👉 https://forms.gle/jZncFY4uwEw7aCXn7
- Second Step -Selected applicants will be informed via email by 15 July 2021.
- Third Step – Selected applicants will be invited for the on-site program which will take place in Tehran from 31 July till 5 August 2021. Organizers will assist the participants in the visa process. For your information, as Iran’s visa is electronic, there will be no stamp or visa sticker on your passport. In case that participants are not able to travel, they can take part in the event virtually.
ISW – Iran venue will take COVID 19 measures into consideration and will plan event dates in line with international travel regulations of Iran as the host country. The organisers will consider social distancing protocols at their best.
Ph.D. from University of Tehran, Iran
CEO and Founder at WADI
Go back to the Blog section or visit IRAN volunteer program page