Experience life in an ecovillage while contributing to the movement of intentional communities.
FIC (Foundation for Intentional Community) is offering a unique internship at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, a decades-old community in Missouri. Learn natural building skills, participate in ecovillage life, and work closely with a variety of FIC staff. The position involves half time online administrative tasks for FIC and half time care of our straw bale office building.
Sounds like a dream?
Experiential Internship – Program Description
The Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC) has a unique internship opportunity for an individual to contribute to our organization while living at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage. The Intern will care for the FIC office house (Allium), participate in ecovillage life, and work closely with a variety of FIC staff. The position involves half time online administrative tasks for FIC such as drafting newsletters, blog and content writing, and hosting online events. The position’s second half of responsibility involves managing the care of Allium including re-plastering the straw bale house, landscape and lawn care, and minor carpentry work.
As a residential experience at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in ecovillage social events and workshops during your off-hours. You will join a cooperative kitchen for your meals and be provided with a private bedroom with wifi, expenses paid for by FIC.
The expected internship length is at least 3 months, beginning in May 2022. Start and end dates are negotiable.
Priority deadline March 31, 2022. 📅❗
We encourage and welcome applicants of any race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, class, religion, ability, or ideology to apply for this position. We actively seek applicants who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Commitment: 30 hours/week
- Room and board at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage
- $200/month stipend
- Free attendance to FIC workshops, courses, and events
- Location: Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, Rutledge, MO
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft organization-wide newsletters
- Admin assistance for programs and communications departments
- Host online events and classes (via zoom)
- Media library build-out and organization
- Bookstore product listing improvements
- Blog writing about your experience at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage
At the ecovillage:
- Allium lawn and tree maintenance
- Coordinate goat mowing
- External plaster repairs
- Build rain catchment system
- Repair garden trellis
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for intentional communities and cooperative movements
- Ideally some experience with living in a community
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Well organized and can manage time independently
- Ability to work in highly collaborative remote teams
- Some natural building and carpentry skills
- Some gardening and landscaping experience
- Familiarity and comfort living in off-grid settings
- Personal computer required
- Tech and design-savvy is a plus!
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧 How to apply?
Can you think of someone in your network who would be a good fit? Share this with them or consider applying yourself.
If you meet the qualifications above, please apply through the ONLINE APPLICATION.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022 📅❗
Review the program description and apply at ic.org/internship.