We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to begin in August 2022. 😁
Are you interested in working abroad with a diverse group of individuals passionate about marine conservation? 🌊
The daily management of Atoll Volunteers is done by our resident Volunteer Coordinator. The work is varied and includes different tasks such as organising individual volunteer placements, volunteer activities, community events, web management (our website, social media, listings, etc.), conflict resolution, short-and long-term planning of our different projects, writing grant proposals and progress reports to international donor agencies like the UNDP, World Bank, UNODC and much more!
We attract volunteers from all over the world and from different backgrounds and you will interact with them on a daily basis and have to ensure that they have a good and meaningful stay with us. We do what we can to engage our volunteers in social activities on a daily basis, including on our days off. As Volunteer Coordinator, you will arrange weekly boat trips to neighbouring islands to enjoy the sun, swim, snorkel, fish or just kick back and relax, and you will join in on these yourself!
You will never forget your time in Naifaru. There are constantly things going on everywhere around you and everywhere you are met with open arms and a friendly face. Don’t just take our word for it; take the time to wander down one of the many intricate side alleys and experience first-hand how there is a very special atmosphere, unlike any you will find anywhere in the world. Guaranteed!
We could go on about the splendours of living in a friendly, remote island community in the Indian Ocean, but really, it has to be experienced to get the true feeling of island life!
- Recruitment of international volunteers, including but not limited to: posting on websites, developing content, contacting organisations and increasing Atoll Volunteers’ online presence.
- Answering queries from prospective international volunteers regarding volunteering in the Maldives.
- Managing international volunteers’ stay in the Maldives and ensuring L current volunteers’ wellbeing.
- Assist in administrative duties of Atoll Volunteers. Maintaining our activity on social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop marketing materials to create new relationships with partner organisations.
- Welcoming and briefing new volunteers. Performing on-going evaluation of our volunteer programmes.
- Composing reports and grant proposals for agencies such as the UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC and World Bank. –
- Managing volunteer bookings, invoicing, and accounts. Coordinating and organising events for the community, such as anti-drug-, campaigns, women empowerment activities and youth development programmes.
- Promoting and running our shop, Maldives Originals, which showcases handmade crafts from local people on our island.
We expect a disciplined person who can manage his/her time responsibly and keep a healthy balance between work and fun.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with working with volunteers (not mandatory).
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, and relay complicated information in a user-friendly manner.
- Experience with effectively using social media and online campaigning
- Experience with working with HR or the NGO sector is a plus.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently and – under time pressure.
- A strong interest in development issues such as human rights, gender equality and youth development.
- Interest in marine conservation and working with sea turtles is a plus
- Competent swimmer with a snorkelling experience
- Bachelor’s, Master or professional degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 6-month commitment, with the opportunity to extend to months.
The position is unpaid but comes with accommodation, food and domestic transport in the Maldives.
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
If you have the necessary requirements, email your CV and cover letter to to
FAcebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AtollVolunteers
Or visit the Marine conservation projects section