Contiki On-Site Team Member – Winter 2022/23
Ever dreamed of living in a winter wonderland in the Austrian Tyrol? – Contiki is proud to present our very own Haus Schoneck based in Hopfgarten, in the Austrian Tyrol. Set within the SkiWelt Wilder Kasier Brixental it is a fantastic place to call home this winter season. We are looking for team members who are full of enthusiasm and who love dealing with people. Alongside other team members, you will be responsible for looking after our Travellers during their stay.
We can host up to 160 people – a great chance to meet people from all around the world.
On-Site Team Members are all-rounders and do a bit of everything from housekeeping, cleaning, bar work, working in the kitchen clearing dishes or serving food. We have exceptionally high standards for our accommodation and need reliable team members who take pride in their work.
- Washing dishes, serving food, cleaning the kitchen
- Bar work – serving drinks, clearing glasses etc
- Cleaning of communal areas
- Other ad hoc duties around the Haus and other departments
The role can be rotational, and the team can get the chance to work in other departments – helping each other out when needed.
What are the Requirements?
- Possess a valid EU Passport (you may be eligible for an Austrian Work Visa).
- Have excellent people skills – proven experience in a customer-facing role or hospitality background is preferred.
- Ability to interact on a professional and social level with our Travellers.
- Can work under pressure.
- Able to adapt to long working hours (split shifts).
- Not afraid of physical work
- Must be team orientated.
- Be enthusiastic and have loads of energy.
A paid contract from December to Mid March with the additional bonus of on-site life such as:
- Free accommodation.
- Food included for the time you are at the site
- Discounted equipment hire and lift pass for the season
- 1-2 Days off a week and split shifts with plenty of time to hit the mountain
- The chance to work in our Chateau de Cruix in France or stay in Austria for Summer 2023.
What does Contiki mean?
We take our name from the word ‘Continent’, which reinforces the company’s mission to connect travellers from all continents, and the word ‘Tiki’, which comes from the native New Zealand Maori good luck charm, which is where the company was initially founded back in 1962.
Why work for Contiki?
Contiki is the world’s leading tour operator for 18-35s. When working for us you are undertaking not only a job but a lifestyle. A life that involves travelling to some of the most exotic destinations in the world with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. As a member of our On-Site Team, you will be the face of Contiki – dealing with our Travellers each day and ensuring that they have the holiday of a lifetime! We have high expectations of our Team members – only the best will do.
We have been at the top of our game for over 60 years and that is where we intend to stay!
Still not sure… you have to put in an application to give yourself the opportunity!!
Follow the link below to complete the application form!
This announcement was posted on FB by Laura on our Fb volunteer group
See more volunteering opportunities in Austria 🇦🇹