Everything you need to know to become a volunteer – Volunteering involves gratuitous assistance on a voluntary basis. When becoming a volunteer, it is important to understand that you will often have to travel around and if you are unable to buy a car, then car rental companies can help you. Car rental companies offer not only luxury cars for rent but also minivans, jeeps and buses. If you don’t have time to dig, then use the services of online rent car. It is convenient and fast, you can rent a car without leaving your home.
Volunteering is hard, but rewarding and inspiring work. For someone, the desire to help others is born in a difficult life period, while someone comes to him through a huge faith in goodness. If you feel that you are ripe for volunteering, but don’t understand the whole inner workings, this guide will help.
What is volunteering
1. A job for which you will not be paid. At all
The essence of volunteering is that you do some useful work on a voluntary basis. Selflessly. So don’t expect to be paid. But some organizations can provide room and board if you come from another area. This is a great chance to visit new cities, get to know the country better and meet like-minded people.
2. Temporary or regular employment
All volunteer projects can be conditionally divided into permanent ones.
- environmental initiatives or aid funds;
- Situational ones: one-time actions, fees, charitable events.
Volunteers are often sought to work at major events – sports competitions, scientific
conferences, and creative competitions.
3. Possibility of choosing the field of activity
In almost every city there are organizations that deal with environmental issues, fight against environmental pollution, etc.
Medical funds help sick children and adults and organize palliative care. Animal protection initiatives find owners for homeless animals and deal with their treatment and overexposure.
Volunteer work is useful for solving almost any social problem.
Who can become a volunteer
Trips to orphanages and hospices, help in hospitals, caring for homeless animals, searching for missing people, saving historical and architectural monuments – that’s what volunteers do.
Anyone can become a volunteer, regardless of age.
- Only minors need to get permission from their parents;
- Teenagers under 14 years of age need to be accompanied by relatives or official
What qualities should a volunteer have?
To help others and nature, a person must possess a number of qualities.
- 1. Social activity. Without it, it will be difficult for you to really get involved in
- 2. Altruism. This means that you are ready to put the interests of others above your
own and spend time and energy helping those in need.
- 3. Tolerance. A volunteer should help people regardless of their views, values and judgments.
- 4. Empathy. Before becoming a volunteer, make sure that you are friendly and
empathetic towards the elderly or children, and able to share their worries and concerns.
- 5. Responsibility. Volunteering involves making a moral commitment to make the life of the other person or your caregiver a little better and more comfortable.
What you need to be prepared for
Misunderstanding from relatives
When you spend time and energy on volunteering, you somehow take these resources from relationships with family, partners or friends. And even if you are initially supported, misunderstandings can still arise.
Fatigue and burnout
Volunteering is not a hobby. This is a responsible, sometimes emotionally difficult, unpleasant and exhausting job. No matter how hard you try, you won’t be able to save all the sick children, house all the stray cats, and clean up the entire planet from garbage once and for all.
Making new friends
You will communicate a lot with wards and like-minded people, other team members. Curators help and support, especially beginners. No matter how difficult the problem, you will not be left alone with it.
All types of volunteering will be a great addition to your resume when looking for a job, applying to a university or applying for an educational or project grant. Caring for others speaks of your awareness and social activity, which is valued in our society.
Go back to the BLOG page ⛳