Facebook Group rules & GUIDELINES
Volunteering opportunities around the world GROUP
|You travel, you help the locals and you get hospitality in exchange!|
Guidelines - Rules
This group strictly enforces posting rules, found in the group description. Joining just to promote non volunteering related material will result in a ban.
Discover why by reading these simple rules:
NO:No links to external websites*, workaway or other paying host list.
No spam or hidden advertisements
No arrogant/offensive behaviours or impersonal messages
No post duplicates
* You can add a link to your website but images shown have to come from manually uploaded files.
- Travel companion requests (description +photo) template
- Host/volunteer opportunity requests (description +photo) template
- Sharing volunteering experiences (with pictures, no link to personal blog*).
Furthermore, we ask members (hosts & volunteers) to:
- 1) write a detailed description of the exchange they're offering or looking for.
You can start with a simple title such as: “Volunteering opportunity in France”, “Cultural exchange in Iran”, “Looking for help in the UK, London”, etc...
IMPORTANT: If you are a host, please don’t forget to mention if you're charging a fee for volunteers in the description.
- 2) always attach photos: you must have rights to use them, and they must represent the people, the place & the activities of the volunteer opportunity.
Sorry, but your post won't be published if it doesn’t meet these requirements. :'(
Example of Template
Example of a good post:
Example of a bad post:
Dear host, when you write a volunteer request don't forget to provide the following information:
- General information about the farm/home family/ecovillage/organization/NGO/hostel/ranch.
- Information about the place (environment, curiosity, geography, folklore). How to get there?
- Information about the volunteering activities (what kind of activities will the volunteers do)?
- How many volunteers can you host/do you need?
- How many hours are the volunteers expected to help each week?
- Can you confirm to be able to provide accommodation and food included?
- What are the volunteers' benefits? (example: cultural exchange, free tours, use of the car, pocket money, etc.)
- What type of accommodation? (home, apartment, tent, tipi, dormitory, treehouse, castle etc. etc.)
- Extra activities during the free time?
- Which language will be spoken?
- Is there internet access?
- CONTACT DETAILS!