What do I need to do to become an ESC volunteer in Europe?
How to become an ESC volunteer – instructions.
- The first step is to visit this page: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en and register as a volunteer.
- To join an opportunity you are interested in, you usually need to complete a questionnaire and send it to the organization you are applying for (using their emails contact). Start to communicate with the ESC organizers as soon as possible. Send a resume and a motivation letter in English via mail.
Usually, the ESC European Solidarity Corps PROGRAMS cover:
- linguistic and cultural training
- travel costs, depending on the mileage, transition to the country of the program and return from it
- accommodation, meals and a monthly allowance
- health insurance for the period of the voluntary service
- a certificate certifying participation in the program
- After-return support to capitalize on your experience.
The joining process can take up to 6-8 months. An ESC program has specific application dates, and it takes at least 2-3 months to prepare the required documents, etc. For more information refer to the official website.
Explore the ESC (European Solidarity Corps) programs section
Go to the Erasmus+ section