Discover the possibilities of seasonal work in France in the fruit harvesting sector and beyond, at different times of the year
Would you like to work in direct contact with Nature? Are you looking for a seasonal job that allows you to have an experience outside the country’s borders? Then try applying for one of the offers related to fruit picking or, in general, the agricultural sector in France.
The seasonal job offers cover the entire French territory and different periods of the year. The work ranges from the cherry and strawberry harvest in the Loire Valley, the Rhone and Alsace, through the plum harvest in the Southern Pyrenees and melons in the Rhone Valley.
On average, these types of offers require the following minimum requirements, which may in any case vary depending on the specific position and type of job.
- be at least 18 years old,
- be able to communicate in English,
- have a European passport
- have a minimum of experience in the agricultural sector
Conditions vary according to the type of work, with the possibility of accommodation on site. The work period varies on average from 10 to 30 days
Useful sites to look for work
Below are a series of useful links, promoted by the Youth Portal, where you can search for published positions:
- French National Association for employment and training in agriculture
- Pole-emploi.fr (indicating keywords such as “agriculture” and as type of contract (Type de contrat) “Contrat de travail saisonnier”.
Consult the “Anefa” page dedicated to foreign workers in France.
Seasonal jobs/harvesting Jobs