Ban Bon Doi Homestay Volunteer exchange – We have a family-run business in Chiangmai where you can have the opportunity to help teach English to our students online and live in our homestay complex where you will live amongst other locals and you will also enjoy getting to know our Thai students online. Alternatively, if you cannot speak English, you can also help out at our family restaurant on the complex.
We have an organic, natural homestay complex just minutes from Chiang Mai town. In your free time, you can explore on our bikes in the beautiful small township amongst rice fields, visit Doi Inthanon, Pai, Elephant Sanctuary, Grand Canyon water parks, and many other things to do.
What category best describes your hosting arrangement? 🏡
Location – Where is your volunteer project located?🌏
What are you looking for help with?
- Teaching/Language Exchange 🧑🏫
What’s the mission of your community? 🎯
The mission of our organization is to build confidence for Thai people who are wanting to practice their English speaking skills. You will be having general conversations for 40 minutes with each student online.
Volunteers’ age restrictions 🔞
We can host volunteers of all ages (senior volunteers and minors are welcome) 💪 We prefer volunteers >18, however, families are welcome, please feel free to contact us. We welcome anyone who has an open mind, a heart to serve and who would like to learn about our Thai Culture.
Volunteers with disabilities ♿
Volunteers with disabilities are welcome ♿ ✅
How many volunteers could you host? 🎎
- I can host groups of volunteers
When do you usually need volunteers? 📅
- All Year Round, anytime through the year
How many hours of help per day? ⏱
4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week? 🌒
5 days per week – 2 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations 📝
You will be required to work 5 days per week. Online lessons are 40-minute lessons, you will have 5-6 lessons per day and will also be provided meals for break time. You will get 2 days off per week for exploring. Minimum stay 1 week. If you can’t speak English, you can help out in our Family Restaurant preparing meals, serving and cleaning. We serve local Thai Cuisine at our restaurant.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided. There is a seven-eleven convenience shop and local markets nearby, which we provide bikes for you to use.
We have female and male dorms where we can cater up to 3 in each. We also have little huts for couples who wish to stay in a private room.
There is a local laundry machine about 5 minutes walking distance.
Are accommodation and food included? 🏠🍜
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide? 🏕
- Dormitory/shared rooms 🛌
- Private room for a couple 🎎
Diet – nutrition information 🥗🥤
Breakfast will be toast and cereal – help yourself to the breakfast bar.
Lunch and Dinner will be cooked meals from our restaurant (Please let us know if you are vegetarian or vegan and we will try to cater to you).
Fee transparency 🆓🔍
VISA SUPPORT – Are you able to assist with visa support, and information, or provide invitation letters? 🛂
No, we cannot help with Visa or invitation letters but we can offer assistance💁♀️
Volunteers’ benefits 🏆🏅
1. Sharing teaching techniques and experiences, especially for those already in the teaching profession.
2. Exploring the beautiful surroundings of Chiang Mai during your free time, including hot springs, caves, mountains, markets, and waterfalls.
3. Enjoying local and traditional Thai food both at our center and in the area.
4. Learning Thai cooking techniques through our Sunday cooking activity, where we teach dishes such as honey toast, green curry, shabu shabu, tom yum soup, pad thai, and papaya salad.
5. Connecting with the friendly local community eager to interact with volunteers and learn from different cultures.
What are the available activities during free time? 🚴🚣🦒
English and Thai
We are surrounded by lush green plants in Mae Wang, Chiang Mai which is Northern Thailand. It is away from the hustle and bustle of a big city like Bangkok and you will enjoy the green rice fields, grass, blue skies and fresh air. Volunteers have told us, they love the peace and tranquillity of our small town.
How to get to your site ✈ 🗺
How to get to Ban Bon Doi Homestay
- 1. Grab – download Grab app, and put down Ban Bon Doi Homestay, Mae Wang (There are 2, be sure it is Mae Wang and not Mae Rim) costs about 300-400 THB from Airport or city center of Chiang Mai
- 2.Airport Taxi (600-1000 THB)
- 3. By Public Transport(60 – 80THB) – Take the Red car from Airport/bus station/train station. Ask them to go to “Pratu Chiangmai” Thai word”ประตูเชียงใหม่”
Then look for the Yellow car to “Bankad MaeWang” Thai word”บ้านกาด”
Tell the Yellow car driver to drop you at Maewang underpass or Banbondoi Homestay.
Show Thai word: “ทางลอดแม่วาง”
Then across the road around 50 metres.
Is there internet access? 🌐
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
If you’re interested in participating in the Ban Bon Doi Volunteer Exchange, kindly send an email to email@example.com. To expedite the process, please include a short introduction about yourself and use “Ban Bon Doi Hospitality Exchange in Thailand” as the subject line. We will promptly provide you with the host’s contact information.
See more volunteering opportunities in Thailand 🇹🇭