Language and Culture Exchange Cafe in Busan, the best city in Korea.
Volunteering in Korea. – Come and help in Busan the best place to enjoy and experience real Korean cultures and meet a lot of friends.
Update September 2023: We’re excited to introduce two new roles for those keen on immersing themselves in Korean culture:
- Cleaning Role (1 to 3-month tenure):
- Passionate about maintaining cleanliness and organization.
- Eager to learn English and Korean.
- Enjoys connecting with and meeting new people.
- Internship Role (ideal for long-term stays):
- Perfect for those planning an extended stay in Korea.
- Focus on managing our English conversation initiative and fostering community engagement.
What type of host are you?
- Community & Social Cafe
What are you looking for help with?
- Teaching/Language Exchange
What’s the mission of your community?
We aim to provide a friendly environment in which people from other countries meet Korean friends and share their ideas, cultures, experience and languages. The atmosphere is laid-back and informal as volunteers are not expected to prepare any teaching materials or formal lesson. They help Korean students improve their English with a rather moderate conversation.
How many volunteers could you host?
Up to 10 volunteers
When would you need volunteers?
All year long
How many hours of help per day?
4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
4 days of help per week – 3 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations
Volunteers are required to have the following characteristics and skills:
- Comfortable speaking English
- Love meeting and interacting with new people
- Enjoy learning new cultures and sharing their own cultures and experiences
- Interested in experiencing Korean culture and helping Korean students become a more comfortable English speaker
Are accommodation and food included?
We can offer only accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide?
- Dormitory/shared rooms
- bunk bed (including beddings)
The shared room is provided for each volunteer at our dormitory-style share house:
- A Free wifi internet, purified drinking water, laundry machines (detergent provided), cooking utensils, bowls and dishes, refrigerator, and hairdryer. You need to bring your own towels.
Diet – nutrition information
No food is provided in our community –Life at LanCul in Busan can be quite cheap if desired. Accommodation is free and you can cook in the kitchen. Budget meals or snacks from ₩2,000-7,000 and beer at the local bars for ₩4,000-6,000. There are several supermarkets nearby where you can buy all different types of food and drinks for reasonable prices. You can expect to pay anywhere from ₩7,000-30,000 per day depending on your lifestyle and the activities you take part in.
No fee is charged!
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters?
No! we cannot help with Visa/invitation letters – similar requests will be ignored.
Read more information on how to obtain a VISA for volunteering in South Korea.
- Language and Culture Exchange
- Korean Language Study Opportunities
- Volunteering or Internship Certification
What to do in the free time
There are many things to keep you busy in your free time. Sometimes LanCul will organize events such as visiting tourist sights, hiking, or playing sports together. After the evening shift, the volunteers and students can go out together for food and drinks. There is a long list of activities available for volunteers such as shopping, sightseeing, restaurants, animal cafes, karaoke, basketball, badminton, swimming, bowling, billiards, movie theatres, ping pong, fitness centres and outdoor fitness parks, arcades, internet cafes, night clubs, public parks and also darts, foosball and beer pong at our local pub. Volunteers are encouraged to spend time together but also have free time to do whatever they choose.
One-way rides on the subway or bus range from ₩1,300-1,500,
English & Korean language
How to get to your site
You can reach us by subway from the airport, train station or bus terminal.
Is there internet access?
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/lzonekorea
WeChat ID – Whatsapp +82 10 2643 7823
FB profile: https://www.facebook.com/lzonebusan
See more volunteering opportunities in South Korea 🇰🇷