Teaching English in Vietnam. Education for Ha Giang Highland Community (EHC) is a local Social Enterprise which is located in the North of Viet Nam.
- We help the youth minority here with English class and better job opportunities;
- Help to protect rights of highland women;
- Raise fund for warm clothes for children in winter, etc.
We also want to bring “Travel Responsibility” thinking to many people who come with us, hope wherever travellers come, they not only learn about the culture or cuisine but also they can give a hand in helping the community to have a better life. That’s EHC’s mission.
What are you looking for help with?
- Charity Work/Fundraising
- Teaching/Language Exchange
You can stay in a local house, with a local family downstairs, the organization will work upstairs. On weekends, the students can show you some interesting places here as just a local tour guide know.
Enjoy the sightseeing, natural mountains, rice terrace which will impress you by the first time. Enjoy the cuisine with some dishes you have never heard before with an attractive appearance.
How many volunteers could you host?
When would you need volunteers?
From August 2019 to October 2020
How many hours of help per day?
How many days of help per week?
Volunteer expectations: teaching English in Vietnam
Where we are: Vi Xuyen Town, Ha Giang Province. What is included (food, accommodation, etc):
- We offer free accommodation in a local house with own mattress, pillow.
- 3 free meals per day (enough nutrition).
- Internet availability.
- Local tour guide from your own class.
How many hours of work per day/week:
teaching from 8AM-11AM and 2PM-5PM Mon to Fri. Sat and Sun is your own time.
Minimum/Total time commitment:
Ha Giang is around 8hours from Ha Noi. We will supply all the necessary information for you if needed
Are accommodation and food included?
Yes, food and accommodation are included
What type of accommodation can you provide?
Dormitory Spaces with provided mattress, pillow, blanket
We can cater for vegans and vegetarians. Normally the main food is an egg, tofu, vegetables, sometimes pork, chicken
We charge no fees
No! I cannot help with Visa
- After your volunteer time, we provide a certificate.
- You will understand how Vietnamese stay and live, how their behaviour, how warm and friendly they are, how beautiful the scenes is.
We also have a local tour guide staff can help you discover Ha Giang without paying anything.
What to do in the free time
- Do a loop around Ha Giang by motorbike which lasts 3 or 4 days.
- Climb to the mountain to enjoy the view from a high place.
- Do a picnic with BBQ near the stream, then enjoy swimming right there.
- Do a project for a poor area with clothes provided.
- Go fishing at the lake.
Vi Xuyen Town, Ha Giang Province. Ha Giang is northern of Viet Nam, it’s one of the poorest provinces here, however, we found that Ha Giang has so beautiful natural scenes in Viet Nam. Most of the locals are a minority, they live in Highland which is affected mostly from natural disasters and they also are far away from modernity. That’s the reason we come to help them.
Ha Giang has 4 seasons a year, it will be hot around May to June, they will be cold around Dec or Jan. Please kindly ask me for suitable clothes each season.
Ha Giang is also famous with mountains, so it will be better to prepare trekking shoes and suitable clothes.
How to get to your site
You can fly to Noi Bai Airport then take a bus (10$) to Ha Giang, will take around 8 hours to our organization. There will be someone wait to pick you up to the organization.
Is there internet access?
Whatsapp: +84 966 774 558
Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/ehceducationforhagianghighlandcommunity/
Hostname: Do Quynh
Other Teaching English opportunities in Vietnam.