Sports teacher work & more – Updated June 2023 – A job opportunity for sports enthusiasts! A unique opportunity has emerged for a multi-sport teacher eager to broaden their coaching skills while experiencing life overseas. You’ll get to work in South Korea’s Gyeongsangbuk-do Province, where you’ll teach English-speaking sports classes in schools during the day, and hold more intensive football sessions in the evening.
Along with the incredible experience, the deal includes your flight costs, accommodation, and even a company car. And don’t worry about language barriers – your main job will be to coach in English. You’ll need some certifications and a driving license, but if you’ve got the spirit and the qualifications, this is your chance to score a great adventure! Keep reading for more information.
What are you looking for help with?
- Teaching/Language Exchange
What’s the mission of your community?
We are working with many public schools for government projects in South Korea. It would be a perfect opportunity if you love sports and are looking for active challenging opportunities abroad. Of course, you will be received an official reference letter from the public schools or education office before leaving Korea. Better cv and better challenge in South Korea.
1) Public school coaching
We work with elementary schools and middle schools in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province, South Korea where we provide English-speaking multi-sports classes to different schools throughout the week. Our job in the schools is to basically provide a sports class in an English-speaking environment, helping students get active while improving their English language skills. This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience teaching and coaching in a school-based environment, excellent if you want to become a teacher or move higher up the coaching ladder!
2) Academy coaching
Our academy sessions run 5x per week, where we deliver a football-specific session to children aged 4-14 (groups split by age, as expected). This is a more advanced session than the schools – although the focus is still very much on learning English through playing football. We lead football sessions and talk English – as coaches, we just coach football as we would in the UK while speaking English and the children pick up the language through playing football. It’s as simple as that.
- Fluent English Speaker
- International Driving License
- Fully vaccinated
- NGB Level 1 (Minimum)
- DBS (Police Check Certificate)
- Classroom/Coaching experience preferred
How many volunteers could you host?
- More than two
When would you need volunteers?
How many hours of help per day?
6 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week?
6 days per week – 1 day off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations
Assisting our coaches with speaking English for Korean kids.
Are accommodation and food included?
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide?
Diet – nutrition information
We provide mostly Korean food materials such as vegetables, rice, noodles, meat..etc
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters?
No, we cannot help with Visas but we can offer assistance
- 1. Working experience as a public school sports teacher in Korea
- 2. Good reference letter from the public schools or education office
- 3. Living and working with other UEFA coaches from EU countries
- 4. Participate in government project for better cv
- 5. Practice speaking English and Korean with many people
We pay for the following:
- Flights (Reimbursed)
- Accommodation (Single Studio or Share House)
- Company Car (including an expense card for petrol and toll charges – meaning you literally pay NOTHING to get to each session! – for work purposes only unless agreed with the manager – Over 25s only)
- C4 (90-Day) Visa Sponsorship
- Very competitive Salary (Base pay 1,300,000 KRW (1,000 euro), 100 coaching hours a month)
- All equipment needed, e.g. balls, bibs, cones, poles, coaching kit etc
What is not included:
- Cost of Visa – you need to pay for the visa (approx. £100 for the UK) but we provide all visa assistance required
- Cost of TEFL certificate (normally cost £999 – but our provider charges our coaches just £19!)
The contract is initially for 3 months (12-weeks) with an additional 3~6 months. Flights reimbursed throughout the duration of the contract!
What to do in your free time
- Sports activities such as yoga, swimming pool, gym etc
- Enjoying with K-Cultures
- Travelling Korea
How to get to your site
When you arrive at Incheon International Airport in South Korea, there are many buses for Andong-si. It takes about 4 hours and we will be able to pick you up at the Andong bus terminal. The most important is you should have a one-day roaming service to contact us in South Korea.
Is there internet access?
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cjhkglobal/
Whatsapp: +82 10 6543 9077
Host Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See more volunteering opportunities in South Korea 🇰🇷
Or look for more organizations involved in Sport Activities ⚽