Hunting for a volunteer Bird spotter!
A new volunteer opportunity as a birdwatcher in Sri Lanka has launched in Batticaloa that allows bird lovers to help monitor and protect local birds. Participants will use binoculars and other tools to identify and count birds in designated areas, record their observations, and report any unusual sightings to appointed officers or owners.
The program requires a passion for birdwatching, an interest in conservation, and good observation and data-recording skills. Benefits include the opportunity to contribute to scientific research and conservation efforts, gain experience in wildlife monitoring, and meet other bird enthusiasts. Volunteers will also enjoy the natural beauty of local habitats and receive free accommodation at YuhiBuhi Forest Resort.
Interested individuals must have a high-quality camera and be available to commit to a regular schedule of bird surveys. This is a volunteer position and does not offer payment.
By joining the volunteer program, participants will play a crucial role in protecting local bird populations and preserving the natural beauty of Batticaloa.
As a volunteer bird spotter, you will play a crucial role in helping to monitor and protect the local bird. You out be responsible for identifying and counting birds in designated areas, recording your observations, and photographing and reporting your findings to an appointed officer or the owner.
- Conduct regular bird surveys in designated areas, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Use binoculars and other tools to identify and count bird species.
- Record your observations accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report any unusual or noteworthy sightings to the appointed officer or the owner.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and environmental regulations.
- Passion for birdwatching and a strong interest in conservation.
- Ability to identify bird species using binoculars and other tools.
- Good observation and data recording skills.
- Willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Availability to commit to a regular schedule of bird surveys.
- Opportunity to contribute to scientific research and conservation efforts.
- Gain experience in wildlife monitoring and data collection.
- Meet other bird enthusiasts and experts in the field.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of local habitats.
- Free accommodation at YuhiBuhi Forest Resort.
- You should have a high-quality Camera
- This is a volunteer position and does not offer compensation.
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
To apply for this volunteer opportunity as a birdwatcher, interested individuals can contact the program organizers via YuhiBuhi Forest Resort Facebook or by phone at (+94) 77 411 13 77.
Website: (Linkcurrently not working) http://www.yuhibuhi.com/
See more volunteering opportunities in Sri Lanka 🇱🇰
Go to the Birdwatching section🐦