Teach English in China, live an extraordinary cultural exchange and earn money. Below you can find the full information about our partner’s 3 work abroad programs (family, kindergarten, language centre) to teach English in China.
Let us know about your favourite program and we’ll answer all your questions (please, use the application form at the end of the article).
Attention: we can only accept the following participants:
Participants from Europe + Eastern partnership countries, North and South America, Australia and South Africa, Morocco.
*restrictions: Turkey, Albania, Asian countries, Middle East, Africa.
Unfortunately, the Chinese center is mostly targeting UK students aged 18-24 (and to a lesser extent those from other native English speaking countries, as recognized by Chinese visa authorities – USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand only, with the exception of the long-term programs which can also accept EU nationals).
If you want to participate fill the form at the end of this announcement. Before you do that, read carefully about the three different programs for Teaching English in China.
Update October 2020
Hi guys! Hope you are all safe those days and months❤
Our center had tough times as well, however we are Happy to inform you that we still keep our 2 programs in China, Vietnam and Thailand. Moreover, we are able to provide TEFL certificate to all of you🎉
🎓About our Programs:
We still accept New Applications for both Cultural Exchange program and ESL Teacher job positions in China.
🙏We receive so many questions about Covid19, China, Asia, our programs. Yes, you can Apply, get accepted and arrive any time after the borders are opened.
🀄 Some great changes:
Due to Covid 19, there will not be any fee in 2020-2022 and also you are welcome to Apply without any Deadlines 🎉
As usual, we need your filled Application form and short Video-introduction. (See the form down below).
🙋♀️Thank you so much for your support during this all time, thank you for your words, thank you for following us, watching our stories everyday 🤗🤗🤗 That’s means a LOT for us❤.
We were not active on social medias during those months because of the Covid19 but we hope, this situation will end very soon and we would still be able to Host you in China again.
Stay tuned and Be safe! Best wishes from Asia – read about our programs here below.
Program 1: Teaching English in Chinese Families
You can take part in this program even if you don’t have any English certificate/ teaching experience. Term: Starting from 3/ 6 /12 months.
- Age from 19 to 33 (the age can be properly relaxed if applicant’s English is excellent)
- Graduate from at least high/middle school, college education level is preferred
- Fluent in English (Chinese level is not necessary)
- Love children and enjoy getting along with children
- Responsibility and patience
- Teaching or taking care of children are preferred
- Be healthy
- Be interested in Chinese language and culture.
Duties in the family:
- Teaching children English or other language and tutor them in study
- Taking care of host children, play and accompany them as their big sister or brother
- Chinese families have their own housekeepers, cookers, drivers, nannies and there is no need to do that – like in Europe, Germany or other countries.
- The schedule is 24 hours per week (or more but extra pocket will be paid)
- Helping host family knowing the west culture.
Benefits and what will volunteer get:
- Free accommodation in a host family with a single room
- Free meal – 3 times per day
- Having at least 1500-2000 RMB per month as pocket money from host family
- Flight reimbursement after successful completion of the project for…:
– 3 months – free return ticket
– 6 months – round tickets
– 12 months – free return ticket + 5500 RMB as bonus
- Having paid holiday every 3 months
- Chinese language classes for free
- Visa invitation letter
- Airport/Train Pick up
- Assistance registering with local authorities
- 24/7 emergency call number
- The participant will get the contract and apartment’s photos in advance
- Assigned personal coordinator
- Welcome package (map/metro card/SIM card)
- Arrival Orientation
- Accidental Insurance (if you do not have your own)
We will provide various activities for our participants, such as travelling, climbing, swimming, BBQ beach party, Chinese painting, calligraphy, paper-cut, picking fruits in the
farm and etc. All of these activities are free for our volunteers.
Program 2: Teaching English in Language centres/Kindergartens/ Schools
- Good English (at least level C1)
- Bachelor degree / majored in English teacher is preferred
- 2 years of teaching experience or TEFL/TESOL/CELTA
- Be from 19 to 40 years old
- Native speakers with Bachelor degree and certificates
- Non-natives with Bachelor degree and 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Can apply only if your English is fluent without or little accent
- Responsibility and patience
- Free single apartment or house allowance
– Native English speaker – from 17.000RMB- 28.000 RMB.
– Non-natives: from 14.000 RMB– 17.000 RMB
- Salary depends on the interview, qualifications, accent and experience
- Work Z visa is provided
- Annual Bonus and fixed teaching hours
- Flight reimbursement: Ticket from China to your homeland is always covered.
- The teacher will get the contract and apartment’s photos in advance
- Paid holidays
- Airport/Train Pick up + Sim-card
- Personal coordinator
- All details are negotiable
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- All details and conditions should be fixed by contract in advance for all 2 projects before the participant’s arrival.
- City depends on where family/kindergarten/language centre are located. We have opportunities in Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dalian and etc.
- Firstly, we should have an interview with you, then we’ll recommend you to our families/kindergartens/ language centres and if they like you, you will have another interview with them and discuss all important details.
- If both sides are satisfied, we will sign an agreement with both sides and start the visa process.
- After your successful acceptance, we will send you a visa invitation letter as soon as possible and help you to get a visa.
- If you have any preferences concerning city, salary or other things) you can mention in the application form about that (see application form below).
If you really like Asian culture, want to travel, study the language and discover a new world, you can apply for our 1 st project in families.
Interested? Fill this form, so that the Chinese agency will contact you back:
Should you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
Read this Free volunteer program in China
10 thoughts on “Teach English and get paid in China (2 different paid programs)”
Hello! This is very interesting, I would love to experience something like this and help others learn English.
I also speak Spanish, my problem is I don’t have the funds to fly to China, is there any way to finance the flight? Thank you!
Unfortunately, the organization doesn’t cover the first flight.
Hello ! I have just seen this page about english teaching occupation but I am from Turkey.What kind of restrictions do you have about this announcement?
unfortunately, there is a Visa restriction for Turkey. If you need more info we will get you in contact with the center.
Hi, that’s extremely interesting idea, I was looking for such an opportunity, but I have a question: Is China the only possible destination within Asian countries?
There is also a similar opportunity in Vietnam
Hi, is Indonesian eligible to apply for “Program 3 for professional teachers: Teaching in Language centres as an English Teacher”? I teach at university at this moment and want to looking for a new job abroad. Thank you.
Unfortunately, the Chinese centre is mostly targeting UK students aged 18-24 (and to a lesser extent those from other native English speaking countries, as recognized by Chinese visa authorities – USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand only, with the exception of the long-term programs which can also accept EU nationals).
Heyy, this looks great but I see that you don’t accept Asians. I’m an Indian and would like to know if there’s an opportunity like this one for me too. Thanks.
Hi Shreya, you can still try to make a request. These are difficult times for cultural agencies in China and they may have a need for more candidates. So, try your luck by filling the form. If you make a good impression and you’re qualified enough there is a possibility they will contact you back!
Good luck with your journey 🙂