Transformers organization in Kenya – We focus on Community, Environmental Initiatives, Education, Women Empowerment projects, Eradicating Gender-Based Violence, Health and support care among people living with HIV/AIDS, in eradicating stigma among young and adolescents, Youth and women Empowering skills within Mathare slums. Our primary focus is helping communities design, implement and maintain projects that enhance the quality of living standards, eradicating hate and planting love in our society.
We are looking for volunteers, donors, organizations, foundations and well-wishers who will enable us to develop and initiate community empowerment programs within our slums by planting a seed of hope in the larger community. Feel free to contact us via email, visit our website for further guidance and inquiry for any project you feel good to support.
What type of host are you? 🏡
What are you looking for help with?
- Charity Work/Fundraising 💰
- Computer/Web 💻
- Film-Making 🎥
- Health/Medical/Assistance 👩⚕️🩺
- Writing ✏️
- Research 🔬
What’s the mission of your community? 🎯
Our mission is sharing experiences and meeting new friends from across the globe is what I love most. We learn from each other social-cultural activities and remain human. We always encourage unity in diversity and teamwork in achieving our goals in life.
Volunteers age restrictions 🔞
We can host volunteers of all ages (senior volunteers and minors are welcome) 💪
We host senior citizens, if underage, legal approval must come from the parent/guardian.
Volunteers with disabilities ♿
Volunteers with disabilities are welcome ✅
When would you need volunteers? 📅
Throughout the year on request.
How many hours of help per day? ⏱
- 4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week? 🌒
- 4 days of help per week – 3 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations 📝
All Volunteers are free to come throughout the year as individual(s), couple(s) or team.
- We welcome all. On arrival, kindly let us know your Mission, Vision and expectation that made you apply for our organization. we shall be grateful.
- Kindly ask for the project(s) you applied for with a mission to offer assistance so that we know your interest in quality service delivery during your stay. In case you did not choose any project, feel free to choose on arrival, a project that would be of great interest to you. You will be free to initiate any project you deem fit in collaboration/partnership with our local organization.
- As team members, we encourage our volunteers to give their best. You will be free to give your best, wholeheartedly with no supervision. we shall only offer assistance when you request at any moment of your stay.
- We need anybody who can be able to give a positive life to our youth, women and elderly. If you are a good IT person, social worker, nurse, Doctor, philanthropist all genres of expertise and experience, feel welcome. we don’t discriminate, embrace our talents and Earnest our potentials. Our slogan – Together we can.
Volunteer tasks for our organization desire.
Guest will be at liberty to chose projects that suit their interest with us, however, we expect our volunteers to spearhead the following key areas:
- 1. Research and recommendations schemes; We would be grateful if our volunteers would spearhead research models from Europe, the USA and other parts of the world on various funding opportunities available that can help us have a great positive effect on our society.
- 2. Project proposals and grants; Due to the scarcity of skills and knowledge in this project area, we would be grateful to have our guest assistance if possible to enable us to make our dream true.
- 3. Video shooting equipment and editing skills. Having a digital platform through documentary and infrared finger touch board at our office for an environmental friendly discussion will be of great help.
- 4. website and content manager: Our responsive website require a content and quality assessment manager, our guest can be important in this component for our organization.
- 5. Used laptops, iPads, phones, video cameras, clothes as gifts for our children in schools and less privileged in our society,
- 6. Modern Juki- sewing machine types of equipment. The clothes and bags-making project requires modern machines for efficient production. The project helps our youth and women to find a livelihood.
Are accommodation and food included? 🏠🍜
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide? 🛌
- Dormitory/shared rooms
Diet – nutrition information 🥗
Volunteers will share meals with the host families. The host family will provide three meals a day divided as Breakfast, Lunch and Supper by the hosting family. Snacks and fruits are readily available at our local stalls and supermarkets within the city and towns. Our guest on request for a special diet calendar, we provide an alternative for guest to have their desired package prepared under their supervision and desire through his/her budget plan.
Volunteers are free to prepare their own meals at their own convenience. We value one interest and choice but encourage a learning culture from others. We would love to know how they also prepare some of the dishes.
Meals we serve range from Chapati, Chicken, Milk, Mandazi, Githeri, pumpkins, fish, groundnuts, pilau, kales, green grams, cassava and sorghum, chips, Nyama-choma (roast-meat), Mutura, ugali, bread, porridge and a whole raft of Africa cuisines found within our society.
We advise our volunteers to carry along person need items such as toothpaste, soaps, personal first Aid Kits and other personal essentials.
Fees transparency 🆓🔍
Transport is public means or car hire services.
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters? 🛂
Yes, we can help with Visa/invitation letters ✅
Volunteers’ benefits 🏆🏅
Cultural interaction is embodied in a wider realm of human integration and development. We embrace unity in our diversity. During this period, volunteers will learn our mixed cultural orientation in our society, learn how to cook our traditional foods, learn our traditional folk songs and dancing techniques, our way of life, interact with our people, learn a new language, and make a new family full of love and caring. Our rich, robust history and resilience of your people. You will have an opportunity to interact with our people, ask questions and get a satisfactory response.
We shall an open discussions and various historical site visits:- Nairobi animal orphanage, Crocodile villa in the city, Bomas of Kenya, Mt, Kenya game reserves, fishing in Lake Victoria and Maasai Mara game reserve visit. We endeavour to have a peer-to-peer approach in promoting our cultural practices. Our visitor will be exposed to Luo cultural practices, visit Bomas of Kenya, our rural home historical and seeing flora and fauna Kenya offers.
Volunteers will have a chance to have a second family, basic knowledge of our native language, develop rich interpersonal skills and possible thought of future research on our hidden treasure within our traditional practices.
Social interaction with our kids will open a new world to our volunteers.
What to do in the free time 🚴🚣🦒
Volunteers can play with kids during their free time. We encourage trekking and tour of our community will the help of our members’ guide. Volunteers shall be at liberty to choose the best model. Readily and available mode of transport is the public transport system and motorbike rides.
English, Kiswahili, native languages
Nairobi Kenya is a nice place to visit and work.
How to get to your site ✈ 🗺
Upon request, I will be at the airport to meet or send an alert for uber pickups. Transformer is based in Nairobi, Kenya, Mathare area, Juja road.
Is there internet access? 🌐
“Paying guests” Option. Could you accommodate “solidarity” tourists? 🎎
Yes, we can accommodate eco/responsible tourists & paying guests 👌
This needs to be discussed via e-mail 💁
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
Our WhatsApp number +254722713514
Hostname 📛 Jack Owuor
Host Email ✉ email@example.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TransformersCommmunityBasedOrganisation/
See more volunteering opportunities in Kenya