Volunteer with us while learning new cultures at Organisation For Community Development Uganda
Organisation For Community Development (OCD Uganda) – We are a registered youth community-based organization (CBO) dealing with projects in health, agriculture, poverty alleviation, schools and academics, community empowerment, and supporting the less fortunate children and their families. We were founded with the objective of bettering lives and restoring hopes and dreams to the less fortunate among the communities of Budaka and neighbouring areas. We strive to provide good quality healthcare, education, and farming equipment, and empower disadvantaged children and families to have success in their homes.
We are looking for volunteers, organizations, foundations, donors and well-wishers to work with us. Please feel free to send us a message to partner with us on local grassroots community projects. Our community is friendly, and trusted with meaningful volunteering and free learning opportunities for all volunteers. We love meeting people from all around the world and sharing our experiences and good times with them, I will respond to most of your messages since I have internet access. We kindly request volunteers to feel free to ask us any questions of their interest, such as on getting around our location, learning local languages like how to greet in Lugwere, Luganda, and experiencing the culture of the local communities.
We are blessed with a lovely, loyal, intelligent, and welcoming family. A family with good integrity and hospitality to all volunteers and locals visiting around from different corners of the globe. Normally in our culture, families gather around during the evening times after their duties and share their experiences, and stories, have laughs and eat together.
We will be so happy to hear from you!
What type of host are you? 🏡
What are you looking for help with?
- Charity Work/Fundraising 💰
- Computer/Web 💻
- Teaching/Language Exchange 🧑🏫
- Farming/Gardening 🌿🐄
- Writing ✏
What’s the mission of your community? 🎯
OCDU’s mission is to empower the youth, women and children to engage in gainful socio-economic activities that promote health and economic independence. We are looking for volunteers to help us create a lasting impact in the communities we serve as believe that many people possess different skills of which they can be put to use in our communities.
Volunteers’ age restrictions 🔞
We can host volunteers of all ages (senior volunteers and minors are welcome) 💪
Volunteers with disabilities ♿
Volunteers with disabilities are welcome ♿ ✅
How many volunteers could you host? 🎎
- Up to 10 volunteers
When would you need volunteers? 📅
All year long.
How many hours of help per day? ⏱
- 4-5 hours of help per day
How many days of help per week? 🌒
- 5 days per week – 2 days off
Note about the volunteer work and other expectations 📝
Volunteers will participate in projects of their interest that serve the local community.
Activities will range from:
- Training and carrying out agricultural skills and activities with the local community
- Help us write review and amend for us funding/grant proposals, putting it in proper English language.
- Helping to improve computer literacy to community members and children.
- Teaching in our organization’s primary and secondary schools (subjects such as English, math, foreign languages, or anything of your interest)
- Carrying out physical education (soccer, volleyball, or any other games you can teach us) with the children, community youth members, or other locals around.
- Organizing crowd fundraising in your home country or residential country to help local projects improve on their standards of living.
If you have other skills to help us in different ways, please feel free to suggest them! We are open to communication and all different kinds of volunteer help!
Are accommodation and food included? 🏠🍜
Yes, we offer food and accommodation
What type of accommodation can you provide? 🏕
- Dormitory/shared rooms 🛌
- Private Room 🔑
Diet – nutrition information 🥗🥤
Three meals will be provided a day, e.g Breakfast before starting the day’s activities, lunch at 12pm, and dinner. Local meals like rice, matooke, beans, chapati and many others to mention. Volunteers feel free with dietary specifications- vegetarians/vegans welcome! Visitors are free to cook and prepare meals and can be given assistance in case of need or want.
Fees transparency 🆓🔍
We don’t charge volunteers any fee but if a volunteer is willing to donate, well and good.
VISA – could you provide Visa support/info/invitation letters? 🛂
Yes, we can help with Visa/invitation letters ✅
Volunteers’ benefits 🏆🏅
In your free time, we will be ready to help you organize trips of your interests, such as to national parks, Jinja, and other attractions of Uganda. We have experience in this and can help you to get good prices! You may also go for walks in the area, go to clubs or restaurants in Mbale, the closest city to us, or do anything else you are interested in! We are always happy to accompany our volunteers to do anything to help them feel safe. Just feel free to ask.
At Organisation For Community Development in Uganda, volunteers can…
- …organize and visit some waterfalls around the neighbouring communities and game parks.
- Earn about the many cultures and tribes and languages around the communities.
- Acquire cultural styles of living in our local community.
- Work with us will have the freedom to do any work according to their own skills.
- …how to bargain in the markets and learn ways of avoiding hiked prices.
- Ways and skills of how grazing animals in our communities compared to their home countries.
- Learn that poverty is endemic here, most people are subsistence farmers, and they big love and smile for everyone who joins them.
- Spend their free time in local parks, and clubs, watching live matches at the stadium, watching movies, and International matches but this will be up to the volunteer’s wallet as it involves travel costs.
- Eat local foods which are very different from anything you will get from your home country.
- Enjoy the great music of the drums played by Ugandans and volunteers can be also given to try if interested.
- Photographer’s enthusiasm, plenty of smiling villagers exceptionally the beautiful children.
What to do in your free time 🚴🚣🦒
Visiting around the community as you study the different types of cultures in the community.
The environment is generally good, with the best weather.
How to get to your site ✈ 🗺
Our place can be reached by car or motorbike, there will be one of our staff members will be able to pick up the volunteers from the nearby station.
Is there internet access? 🌐
“Paying guests” Option. Could you accommodate “solidarity” tourists? 🎎
Yes, we can accommodate eco/responsible tourists & paying guests 👌
CONTACT DETAILS 🔍📧
If you are interested in joining the volunteer projects at Organisation For Community Development in Uganda, feel free to use one of the following contacts:
My WhatsApp contact is +256751186160
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fred.nangweso.9; – FB page 2: https://www.facebook.com/communitydevelopmentuganda
Instagram: Fred nangweso
Hostname 📛Fred Nangweso
Host Email ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org
See more volunteering opportunities in Uganda 🇺🇬